Need help setting PID using pixhawk

I will look at 4 wheel steer and see what happens.

The servo idea.
Set two micro switches one either side of the servo arm. When the servo arm turns to the right / left it operates the right or left switch and turns on the right or left thrusters esc.
With the throttle control preset.

Main drive motor is switched on indepently.

Why wouldn’t you drive the thruster ESC’s with PWM output proportionately from the FC directly?

I have had some success.

I set the 2 servo functions to RC1 and RC3 with Ground Steering and have reversed one of them, now I get steering from both motors. push the stick to the right and the right motor rotates and vice versa.
I set the trim to 1150 which idles the motors with the stick in the centre.
This arrangement also works when set AUTO. When on course the motors idle, when moved off course one or the other motors accelerates.

One problem is I can’t Arm, I get an error message.
PreArm: check steering and throttle config.
Maybe I need to configure throttle out to RC2 and assign it to throttle, i am not sure about this, is there some other setting I would need to set as well??

Strange, I can get Auto when its not Armed.

I mentioned this in a previous post. Configure throttle on a servo output and the error will go away. I don’t think it matters which channel but in SITL I used Servo out chan 2. Like this:

Thank you, that works.

I am not sure I have Auto setup correct yet. just cooked a motor running it fast for too long without cooling.
To avoid this happening again can I temporary lower the top speed while tuning Auto.

No need to reply I see how to restrict the speed.