Multi-Vehicle(zephyr and iris) ardupilot gazebo simulation: Going to different points in Gazebo simulation for the same 'lat lon alt'

Hello community members

I want to simulate a zephyr fixed-wing and an iris copter in one gazebo simulation using SwiftGust/ardupilot_gazebo repository.
So What I have done is, I have opened the zephyr demo world in gazebo and inserted an iris model into the environment and finally saved that file as another file. after that I run SITL simulation for both iris and zephyr in the same location through -L option in sim_vehicle.py command. So I can assume when I give a guided lat lon alt command with the same arguments to both drones, the drones move toward a same location in the gazebo simulation, but each of them goes to a different place.
I have tried to set the same yaw values for drones in gazebo, but it does not help and simulation result was the same behavior. Also I have read somethings about WGS84 but I don’t think it is important in my problem because it is the location of the world origin and the other things would have relative locations.

Sincerely!

This is a neat idea. I filed feature request here:

Running multiple vehicles of different types is already supported in ArduPilot / Gazebo and was used in the ship landing demo. There’s a discussion of the Gazebo setup here: Ship Landing Ignition Simulation.

Yea, I’ll leave the issue open. If you, or anyone else, is interested to add this as an example in the repository with the existing models, that would be a fantastic contribution.