Mission Planner on Raspberry Pi 4, no Luck

can you see this page?

Yes, that works fine.

Edit: got it! Mystery’s solution was to log in to github. Things can be so simple sometimes.

I still can’t get it to work michael :frowning:
Do you want me to upload the error log here?

did you use the 674 or the non 64, and what version mono do you have?

from the old log you sent
INFO MissionPlanner.Program - 64bit os False, 64bit process False

so you have 32bit mono
so you need to use the arm libskiasharp.so

I tried pretty much all combinations by now.

But at the moment i am back to raspberry pi4 with the standard debian buster (raspberry OS 10) which runs on 32 bit by standard.
I installed mono 6.8.0, following the instructions from mono-project.com for raspbian 10 with “sudo apt install mono-complete”.
I then copied the ShiaSharp file inside the “ARM” directory over to the main MissionPlanner Directory. However i also tried using the file for ARM64. Both didn’t work.

In the past i also have tried using mono 6.0.0 and 6.4.0. Since i do know, that the latest mono version has some hickups between raspi (read: the amrv7L) and WindowsForms programs. I also tried upgrading the raspian OS to 64 bits. I have tried mono for raspbian and for the standard debian 10. After every change i tried MP1.71 and 1.72 bot with the old shisharp file, aswell as with provided ones for ARM and also the ARM64 version.
Nothing helped.
I even tried compiling mono on the raspberry pi myself. But that broke things even more. Normally. I’ll get atleast the loading screen from MP. After compiling mono, not even that worked.

While installing mono i noticed following message: “Mono precompiling /usr/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.dll for arm (LLVM disabled due to missing SSE4.1”. Could this maybe cause the trouble?

Anyway, here are some stats and logs from the latest test.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7l+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:26:42 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue May 12 15:31:43 UTC 2020)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	SIGSEGV:       normal
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  armel,vfp+hard
	Disabled:      none
	Misc:          softdebug 
	Interpreter:   yes
	LLVM:          yes(610)
	Suspend:       preemptive
	GC:            sgen (concurrent by default)

Terminal-MP-mono-Debugger.txt (423.8 KB) mono_crash.0.1.txt (51.0 KB)

i can pretty much get it running on everything i try

my previous tests where on ubuntu, so decided to switch to raspbian

i think your crash logs an’t displaying the STDERR part.

it would be nice to get someone other than me to get it working. but doesn’t look like a wide audience

I See that you’re running it on raspbian Stretch. Which is normal for a raspberry pi3.

Did you try it on raspbian buster (10)?
I can’t get Stretch running on my pi4. There is also some weird stuff going on inside the raspi4. It will tell you, that it is running on an armV7l. However, there is actually an Armv8L inside.

It’s all pretty f*** up :expressionless:

Anyway, if there is anyone here with an raspberry pi4 (or 3) here, willing to test if MissionPlanner will run on his raspberry, Michael and i would appreciate it :slight_smile:

i was testing on a rpi3, i found i had one. but i was using ubuntu, not raspbian at first.
then i switched to raspbian 9, ie rpi3.

MissionPlanner - current beta
latest rasbian buster, latest mono with libskiasharp.so from https://github.com/meee1/jellyfin-skiasharp-native/actions/runs/135852411 using the linux-arm build

1 Like

I just don’t understand what i’m doing wrong.
Either i’m a complete muppet or something has significantly changed between raspi3 and raspi4.

I ran “ldd libSkiaSharp.so” to see if any dependencies are missing, that seemed to be ok however.

It will load the loading screen, however the windowsForms seem to be not working (wird yellow bars).
Then it kills all actions and exits, as seen in the bottom right corner.

Top right are my system informations.

You should look on the terminal where you use mono, if there are some failure, they will be notified !
And should shouldn’t need to use sudo to launch mission planner with mono. Better remove the current MissionPlanner directory, and unzip a fresh version to avoid issue with previous sudo use.

1 Like

Hey khancyr,

Thanks for your reply. I did have a look into the mono debug output, but i’m not getting any clues there since i just don’t know this stuff well enough.
I attached the mono debugging output 10 posts further to the top. I would greatly appreciate if you could find some time to look through it for some clues.

My latest screenshot shows the start from a freshly downloaded and unzipped beta version. I also did not run it with sudo.

Or are you talking about the directory “MissionPlanner” in the root directory, which is automatically created on first startup? I have been thinking about that directory. Should the libSkiaSharp.so file be copied over there? Or maybe even the whole MP zip file?

ok think ive found it.
disable the opengl driver in raspbian
Missionplanner does use opengl, but seems it doesnt support it on raspbian.

Would it be possible to have an “how to” install MP on rpi4? I would give it a shot.

after breaking mine, im not 100% sure which problem it is
but i used
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-fbturbo
to fix part of it