Mavlink over TBS Crossfire not working

Without me making any changes, it just went back to how it was like before.

Is the RC link working? Is Yaapu working?

The RC link is working, however Yaapu isnā€™t

The only consistent link Iā€™ve been able to get is wifi to my ipad and QGC. The CRSF link for MP is hit and miss.

What are your RSSI_TYPE and OSD_TYPE set to? Also, QGC doesnā€™t seem to connect at all. (QGC did work fine before Mavlink decided to break itself). Also, only 14 sensors are being displayed now.

RSSI_TYPE, 0 and I have no OSD on this machine. Actually, no camera or VTX so Iā€™ve never touched the OSD settings on this particular build.

The QGC only appears to work if I connect directly to the access point. Have you ever gotten Mavlink and Yaapu working simultaneously?

Yup. Yaapu is the priority for me, and the mavlink telemetry to the ipad is secondary. I donā€™t always fly with a laptop or computer on hand so Yaapu gives me the info that I want.

Can you please post your .param file? Iā€™d like to see what Iā€™ve done differently.

I donā€™t have access to the file on this computer. Iā€™ll try to get it this weekend. Iā€™ve already compared your parameters to mine, and I didnā€™t see anything different (relative to this issue).

Have you updated your TBS firmware?

My TBS firmware is v6.13 and my Wifi module has v2.04. Yaapu used to work really well up until I swapped the location of the RCIN and Mavlink.

It appears that my flight controller has made an untimely demise. Iā€™ll replace it with a Matek H743-Slim.

Thatā€™s to bad. Hopefully it didnā€™t take the quad with it. My Nazgul5 is still on BetaFlight but damn itā€™s fun.

Have you ever had a flight controller die mid-flight?

Not in Ardupilot. Iā€™ve had a controller die on a 5" fpv quad in BetaFlight, and even that was arguably externally induced (the jury is still out on that oneā€¦)

I am back with a Matek H743 slim, and yet the same problems. I must be doing something wrong. Also, this time the rc input in MP appears to be stuck at seemingly random values, and there are now 23 sensors on the openTX sensors page and MP still connects as an ā€œIMUā€, with QGC refusing to connect (over wifi). Hereā€™s my .param file. H1.param (20.1 KB)

1 Like

According to Matek RSSI_TYPE=3

Iā€™ve set the RSSI_TYPE to 3, however, nothing really appears to have changed.

Did you get that working too? Iā€™m stuck at the same point right now, although i donā€™t use Yapuu.

I struggled for many days to get Yaapu working. After changing from the X20 internal tx to the external CRSF unit I assumed that the telemetry source should be changed to external in the yaapu config.
Wrong. It works whan set to default.
However im still having problems connecting wifi/mavlink to PC MP or ipad QGC.
MP shows a green connected plug and sometimes it says fetching parameters but it never gets any.
The data must have reached the TX as Yaapu is working. It seems the problem is getting the data out of the wifi unit.
I have a 2 wire setup on Serial7 (set to 23) and Ch1&2 on the RX set to CRSF. Any other settings and the RC link and Yaapu both stop working.