Mavlink over TBS Crossfire not working

I have already enabled CRSF telemetry in Yaapu, and Yaapu was working fine up until I changed RCIN from serial7 to serial1.

To be clear, Mavlink telemetry and RC are both working?

For troubleshooting, try turning off RSSI (RSSI_TYPE,0) and see if that changes anything. You might need to power cycle everything afterwards.

The Mavlink Telemetry and RC are both working, and nothing really appears to be affected by turning RSSI_TYPE to 0.

If you go to the telemetry page on the radio can you detect any sensors?

When I’m on the telemetry page, I can see 22 sensors, not including FM which for some reason is blanked out.

I just checked mine. I’m getting 20+ sensors as well. It might be a clue that FM is blanked out, but I’m not smart enough to know what it means.

I’ve been going over this post to see if there’s anything else obvious.

According to the file you’ve posted, the RC_options are correct. You should be on the correct TX/RX, especially if RC link is working. You say it was working, so CRSF option must be selected in Yaapu menu. (unless you’ve created a new model or new telemetry page? This can reset the CRSF setting for the script) I don’t know what else to suggest. Move the RC link to another UART and try that? RX/TX4/Serial4?

Sorry man, if I think of anything else I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Small update, the parameter I was talking about earlier is BRD_ALT_CONFIG. What do you have yours set to?

BRD_ALT_CONFIG,0

I had to double check because I didn’t recall changing it. Looks like mine is still default.

Without me making any changes, it just went back to how it was like before.

Is the RC link working? Is Yaapu working?

The RC link is working, however Yaapu isn’t

The only consistent link I’ve been able to get is wifi to my ipad and QGC. The CRSF link for MP is hit and miss.

What are your RSSI_TYPE and OSD_TYPE set to? Also, QGC doesn’t seem to connect at all. (QGC did work fine before Mavlink decided to break itself). Also, only 14 sensors are being displayed now.

RSSI_TYPE, 0 and I have no OSD on this machine. Actually, no camera or VTX so I’ve never touched the OSD settings on this particular build.

The QGC only appears to work if I connect directly to the access point. Have you ever gotten Mavlink and Yaapu working simultaneously?

Yup. Yaapu is the priority for me, and the mavlink telemetry to the ipad is secondary. I don’t always fly with a laptop or computer on hand so Yaapu gives me the info that I want.

Can you please post your .param file? I’d like to see what I’ve done differently.

I don’t have access to the file on this computer. I’ll try to get it this weekend. I’ve already compared your parameters to mine, and I didn’t see anything different (relative to this issue).

Have you updated your TBS firmware?

My TBS firmware is v6.13 and my Wifi module has v2.04. Yaapu used to work really well up until I swapped the location of the RCIN and Mavlink.

It appears that my flight controller has made an untimely demise. I’ll replace it with a Matek H743-Slim.