Matek Optiflow &Lidar Sensor 3901 LOX

Happy new year :blush:
Look carefully Ricky, from left to right you have regulator, rangefinder, processor and opticalflow

1 Like

Happy New Year Patrick,it arrived this morning tried numerous combinations nothing works,O well I tried lol my hereflow work’s at least

Happy New Year Martin
The problem is lack of documentation, I cant find documentation on what sort of data this sensor is outputting.
Reading at Inav code I dont see (for the moment) how you extract OF and Rangefinder values from message stream.

1 Like

Would you like me to put it in the post to you next week to play with and thank you for taking an interest

Thanks for the offer Martin, but I dont have much time for this at the moment.
Maybe @rmackay9 would be interested ?

As a reminder here is the OpticalFlow IO driver structure for the Matek code on Inav:
https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/blob/master/src/main/io/opflow_msp.c#L44

1 Like

Will contact Randy now and see what he says,have got here flow working so may try tomorrow flying with flow control on my radio as well.

your referring to this Patrick

I do have a hole for that bit …is there something else.

1 Like

Nope , look at second chip from left… There are 2 microscopic pinholes on it

1 Like

Well dang I didn’t see that.
Thanks not that I am planning on using one. The documentation says its only a meter or two range outside…Thats bordering on useless in my mind.
But hey one never knows.

Updated

1 Like

Looking at this “ThoneFlow-3901U” sensor may give a hint:
https://www.seeedstudio.com/ThoneFlow-3901U-UART-Serial-Version-PMW3901-Optical-Flow-Sensor-p-4040.html
There, they say: “The data format is also compatible with discontinued product CX-OF, already supported by ArduCopter.”
See also https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-cheerson-cxof.html
Perhaps the MatekSys behaves similar?

1 Like

Hi Helge,I tried that and it did not work but may be im missing some thing out

Same here no luck. I must be missing something

1 Like

Hi,
I added support for the MSP protocol to ardupilot and while I was at it I also added support for MSP range and flow sensors like the Matek 3901, I don’t have the hardware so I’m looking for testers :slight_smile:

the thread is here

thanks,

Alex

1 Like

I am using it as an auxiliary positioning for wheeled robots. I have very little knowledge about flight control and have not found any document to decode the data. Only the data format of the MSP protocol is obtained, but the representative meaning of the data is almost unknown.
The following is an example of an intercepted data packet.
24 58 3C 00 01 1F 05 00 FF 2B 00 00 00 81
24 58 3C 00 01 1F 05 00 FF 2C 00 00 00 8F
24 58 3C 00 01 1F 05 00 FF 2A 00 00 00 C4
24 58 3C 00 02 1F 09 00 93 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 39
I see that you have done research on this and I wonder if you can share your receipt. If you can reply, thank you very much.

I found it in the msp protocol, don’t care about this issue, thank you

Hi Ricky, I don’t suppose you have an STL file for that nice little case you made up? Would you be willing to share it? Thanks!

Maytek Lidar Lid.stl (284.3 KB) Maytek Lidar base.stl (215.5 KB)
Here you go.
I never printed it so I don’t know if it actually works. If you need any help with it let me know.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir!

The base is heading to the printer as I type. I’ll report back how it turns out. Not sure if I’ll use the lid or not but I’ll keep you posted.

The shapes are good, but some of the dimensions need a tweak. I’ll see if I can edit the file and if I can I’ll post it here.

image image

Here’s a revision for anyone who wants to try. Big thanks to @rickyg32 for the original!

Base v3.stl (45.6 KB)