Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Good Morning Greg.
Just a heads up. I don’t know when yet but there is another version coming with Video built in like the Mavic. But that may not be till later this year.

Happy Flying

1 Like

that will be ace with the video looking forward to it please O please

Got my UVC Mount for the Skydroid handheld unit done today. Might need some tweaking but it works.
I will make the file available shortly if anyone wants to print one up.
I need to tweak a couple bits for some additional strength and then it’s all yours if you want it.

3 Likes

But I still would like someone to verify the 60km claim independently. Anyone tried already?

Ricky,

That looks like a clever idea…very nice!

My understanding is that your M12L operates on the 2.4GHz band and the video link is on the 5.8GHz. band. The received video can be displayed directly in one or more of the GCS apps. Are you using a modified app for Skydroid or a standard release? Is everyone using the same GCS app or different apps?

Lastly, looking at the planned models below, what purpose does the M12 model have over the M12L model?

Cheers!

1 Like

He good morning Greg
So yes the Link system is 2,4 ghz as you describe and that the video is 5.8 Ghz. The receiver is a UVC receiver, meaning its USB connected to the tablet or phone. Most people are using the Skydroid version of the tower app. They use it because it’s been modified to support UVC video.
The standard Tower app or the Mission Maker version both crash when using UVC video…at least that’s most peoples experience.
Mission Planner on Windows will also work with UVC but of course Android tablets are the easiest to find.

Of the three units you point out. M12 and M12HD are not available. The M12 is a lower range version of the M12L and the M12HD is the video inclusive version albeit at a lower range. The M12HD replicates in a lot of ways the DJI Mavic like experience with no add on hardware. However it’s also not available at this time.

there are a couple other version that are out there. But I have yet to get an answer from Cao as to when we can get our hands on them lol

The unit in the foreground is an video inclusive device. It resembles the DJI Phantom controller in a lot of ways.

Please note I don’t work for Skydroid. I am an early adopter, one of the first to get my hands on the unit and I have a friendly relationship with Cao who runs the part of Quanzhou Yunzhuo Electronic Technology Co that is responsible for the Skydroid system.

Hope this helps, feel free to shoot any questions you have. This group is very supportive.

PS
@Tom-fly or @cala2 are the closest to testing the 60km range assertion that Skydroid has made. @Tom-fly is the current record holder of 17KM.

2 Likes

Just to chime in with my config: I have a rover, not a flying machine. I am using Mission Maker for Android. I do not have a camera at the moment. I have not done a range test yet. My range test will not be of as much interest anyway due to obstacles.

2 Likes

We have a Tower skydroid update to vers 4.5 :slight_smile: .If you open Tower it’s offer instalation window.

does it support UVC cause that would be nice

As soon as return home I investigate changes and give a try. :slight_smile:

awesome thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

your talking the skydroid app…yeah I have that update.
there is also an equipment assistant update.

http://app.mi.com/details?id=com.shenyaocn.android.m11updater

Upstream 200 packets per second, 32 bytes per packet. The first 16 bytes are channel signals, and the last 16 bytes are app data. The upstream bandwidth is about 3KB/S. Downlink is also 200 packets per second, 32 bytes per packet. Thirty bytes are telemetry signals with a bandwidth of about 6KB/S. The transmitter is always transmitting, and the receiver is transmitting at the transmitter’s idle time. Receiver 2KB buffer, packet loss retransmit and check. The transmitter receiver is frequency hopping. The transmitting power is 20 DBM (+1 dbm) and the receiving sensitivity is about -126 dbm. The antenna is 3 dbm. Working frequency range is 2.4-2.5 Ghz

2 Likes

We also have another system, T10, which returns 400 packets per second, 250 bytes per packet. So it’s possible to transmit video. We need to develop cameras. We need to convert H264 video data into MCU identifiable data. So we send the camera data to MCU through a serial port with a baud rate of 1.5 million. Then MCU can return these data. Then these data are input to the mobile phone to decode and play. Then the remote control and telemetry video is realized on the same radio. This product is being tested and trial-produced in China. I hope more people know that skydroid is trying to do something. All in one and clean fly. It’s time to change something. And it’s changing.

4 Likes

Thank you for that Cao,very good reading and I look forward to the release of your camera product I would like to beable to beta test it in Scotland.
I am very very happy with my M12.
Keep up the good work Cao and team Skydroid,

Hi all,

Can someone make a system diagram of the Skydroid video link? My current understanding is that the Skydroid 5.8GHz Dual Receiver sits near the M12 and connects to a phone/tablet via USB. The same custom Tower app connects to the M12 telemetry via WiFi and UVC video via USB.

At the vehicle air side, are you using the Skydroid 5.8GHz iOS AV Video Downlink? If so, what camera are you plugging into the USB connector?

Thanks!

thanks @SKYDROID , that is some very valuable information!

basti.

Hey Greg.
Here is a simple diagram of the M12L connections.
The Handheld unit connects to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth.
The handheld to the R12l receiver via 2.4ghz link.
The Video is a UVC receiver that connects via USB to the phone or tablet. Then leverages a standard 5.8ghz video transmitter that most drones are using at this time.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Don’t tease us Cao with the T10…you won’t sell me one yet lol

1 Like

Ricky,

Thanks for Figure 1 as it confirms my understanding of the M12 connections. However, it does not contain the UVC environment. Are you saying that the Skydroid 5.8GHz Dual Receiver (located by the M12) can receive from a video transmitter like an ImmersionRC 5.8GHz unit that transmits analog video?

What is the Skydroid 5.8G iOS AV Video Downlink used for?

Cheers!