Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hello everyone, I have a Skydroid T12 .I have problems with the “device helper” app, it only works if the Tablet does not have an internet connection, when it does when you start a second later, it disappears from the screen, it is impossible to use it. Does anyone know what happens and how to fix it? I would be very grateful they will help me

Hi Ricky
Yes i was talking for the rc control latency. I know for sure that video will have increased latency compared to an analog vtx.
Good to know that rc latency is same as a common rc transmitter.

Thanks for answering,
Alex

Hola Guillermo,
Tienes que obtener una version nueva, de Playstore es ok. La version antigua pasa eso
prueba esta: http://file.skydroid.xin/DeviceHelper.apk

1 Like

Hi all…iam new to Skydroid .
Can anyone plz help me to get Skydroid SDK…
Where can i find it.

I have heard from only one person in this thread that they use the sdk but I can’t remember his user name.
Try looking in the last 200 messages or so. I was talking to him about streaming video to rpi, and try to ask him.
Gal

in case it works for you

http://fuav.xin/download/UartVideoSDK20190629.rar

1 Like

Hello Ricky, Gal …
I have been using M12L without problem, and now I am just about to buy the T12. I júst got offer one T12 with 3 receivers + 3 Cameras (for my 3 drones). I read some times ago that Skydroid can not sell only the Rx, but now you can buy them in Aliexpress. My question is what is the actual max. resolution and fps (frame per second) of the video that can we monitor at the ground station? Do you think the video quality is good enough?
Tks.

Sorry I can’t speak to frame rates. Perhaps Gal knows. I can tell you that the t12 has a max number of receivers that can be bound at one time and that’s 4. If you want to use them you need to bind all 4 at the same time. I put them all on the bench and powered mine up and bpund them all at once. The t12 doesn’t have the same model management as a taranis so please keep that in mind.
It was originally design for agdrones and so it didn’t get moved between drones like the taranis.

Have fun
Cheers

Thank you Ricky for your info. I am currently using 2 Rx with one M12L Tx, so I understand this issue. But my simple question is for you guys that are currently using T12, are you satisfy with the video quality ? Another issue that I just found recently with Skydroid M12L is, that actually it works with mobile QGroundstation and also Tower. So it is much more convenience to use QGC compared with Skydroid apps.
Back to video issue, I have other alternative by using Raspi + Camera, but it needs more effort to make it works.

Hi Tony,
Actually, the t12 video on the has latency, I believe sometimes up to a second, but never checked it and I have no clue of what frame rates it uses.

I am using the video converter with a mounted gopro 5 black -> HDMI2AV -> converter -> t12, the video is ok no more no less and about .3-.5sec latency exists.

The whole t12 video system is based serial transfer of H264, I have tried very hard to use RPI and Auvidea 101 to convert and stream to T12 but had no success. I mean the video got all the way to RPI, however sending it to T12 didn’t work.
Sorry I have no more information on this, no expert on video.
Gal

Thank you Gal. I think this video from T12 is just for back up, can not be used for real areal photography. I found some digital Video 5G wifi that will transmit full HD 1920x1080 px. But range is about 1.5km to 5 km (if using panel antenna). Anybody has experience with this device ?

I would be very careful with those products. When they say 1.5-5 it usually means 300m to 1km. Many reasons but mostly terrain and antennas.
Actually Skydroid have the new h16 which doesn’t come cheap but a very interesting spec, also the HereLink not cheap either is a viable solution as well for a serious aerial photography

500m max. Don’t buy this.

2 Likes

Tony
For me I have no issues with the Video performance. I use either the Skydroid camera or a standard analog with the converter. Mostly I go the converter route because I FPV my drones and so I use the 5.8 ghz video for that and the Skydroid video for just playing around.So latency isn’t a concern for me.

1 Like

Hi all ,
Does someone have information about the new radio from Skydroid H16/H16 PRO ?
There are some interesting features
10Km or 30Km long range
HD video streaming up 1080p
Ethernet auxiliary port on Air unit ( IP NET Gimbal)
2 UART port
1 SBUS

It looks better than Herelink

https://ae-cn.alicdn.com/9f8e1de30350cb41/ygSx5epjlREt1LZiqEx/mqClqQTRlI6mq2eYU6s_272041763258_hd_hq.mp4

1 Like

That’s on paper, bare in mind that HereLink is more time on the market.

What I like about the H16 is that it is not a close box, you can run qgc latest unlike HL that is bound to a specific version.

However there is not enough info on what cameras can work and not enough info available as usual with Skydroid.

1 Like

I have reached out asking for more details will share what I get.

2 Likes

I agree with you , these are specs on paper. There are not enough information to compare the product
Herelink use a customized version of QGC to confgure the radio
I prefer this solution , and i like the option to have an Ethernet port on air unit
I read the H16 manual air unit and there is the possibility to develop a custom program to use the network port. There will be a SDK…
I hope to see more review and information about thi product , it’s very intersting

H16 Manual v1.0.pdf (249.2 KB)

1 Like

CUAV now have an official document to product

http://doc.cuav.net/link/h16/en/

Official manual
http://manual.cuav.net/h16/H16-users-muanal-en.pdf

Thank you Ricky, Gal for sharing information. I am still thinking whether buying T12 or waiting for the H16…