Internal errors 0x100000 I:921 flow_of_ctr Twitching motion in loiter during forward flight

So pressing the load beta firmwares in missionplanne wont give me the latest beta than?

No, but pressing Ctrl>Q will.

Pressing ctrl and Q won’t show me anything in my missionplanner

Left click anywhere in the screen and then hit Ctrl>Q and you should see this:

When you click OK they populate to this:

Heed the warning!!

1 Like

Ah! Now it worked!

Is there anywhere I can read up on what new features are being tested and report findings and resd about issues?

When do a beta firmware get it’s own topic here? I’ve seen some 4.3 beta firmware topics

I also saw this

could that be a solution, or just hide the issue in some way, or maybe it’s bad to drop the rate frequency

Hi Dave,

I haven’t got tested on 4.4.0 yet, but I wanted to ask you about the beta firmware button.

If I press it i get 4.3.0 beta. I’ve read about, see below, 4.3.1 beta1 for example. How do I get that one? And if I press the beta firmware button, what does it really do? Since ctrl+Q gets me the dev beta?

I’ve been reading a bit on github about the issues related to 4.3.0. I can see that the resolved issues has a note that says that on for example is resolved in 4.3.0 beta2 and another in 4.3.1 beta1. What does that really mean?

Are both this issues resolved in 4.4.0 than? And is the one in 4.3.0 beta2 resolves in 4.3.0 stable?

Thanks!

There is Beta and there is dev or Master, they are not the same. dev/Master is the development release, not really for common use by users. Developers play in this ballpark to add and test new features. Beta is generally safe to fly but that’s a personal choice. Sometimes new boards or desired features are added to Beta or dev/master and you have no choice.
Here is the best way to get the release you want:
Go here and select Stable, Beta, or Latest (which is yet another term for dev or Master)
Copter Firmware
Then let’s say you picked Beta and you have a Cube Orange and select that:
Cube Orange
Open the “git-version.txt” file and see what Beta version it is. In this case today it shows the Stable version so there is no Beta version available. But, say you want to install this anyway. Download the .apj file and then use Mission Planners “load custom firmware” option to flash the board.

I see no evidence the issue(s) has been resolved in any release.

1 Like

Thanks!

That bring a lot of light to things!

I’ll keep an eye on the github 4.3.0 issue list and see if/when the floew_of_crt issue gets moved to resolved and what version I need to fix it!

You can monitor the Discord channel also. It can be messy with people posting in the wrong threads but the Development> #general_dev or dev-team (which the rabble can’t post to) can offer some interesting dialog. There is some chatter about this issue.

1 Like

Ah!

Thanks, I’ll do!

This is a CubeBlack running three EKF. You are getting lots of long loops and this error happens when we detect that the position controller has not been run for 5 times the normal loop time. If you disable the third IMU I think you will get enough processing time back to keep up.

INS_USE3 0

See how that goes.

1 Like

Ah,

Has this always been a problem? As I understand it, it only shows as an error now because the checks have been made more strict?

@rmackay9 is working on a fix.

Would tht be a fix or just make the checks less strict for less processor powerful flight controllers?

This error has a number of causes. The main one we see is during start up where initialisation processors run long and the position controller has been started already, this is just annoying but should be fixed. We would also see this error if some process was running very slowly for some reason, this could be a serious issue.

In your case I suspect it is simply you are overloading the processor on the autopilot. Every release we make things better but also increase the memory and processor usage. I think the features you have turned on are just pushing things just a little too hard.

So this error isn’t a problem with the position controller, it is a problem with other areas that is detected by the position controller.

I hope that by going from 3 EKF to 2 EKF you will have the extra processing time to keep up.

1 Like

Ah, so the F3 shows its weaknesses.

Would this mean that the Cube black is obsolete now? Maybe not for hobby crafts but for commercial once?

The only extra feature I have is the notch filter running on esc rpm data. Not for all motors but only one harmonic notch running of motor 1 frequency.

There was some updates to the notch filter so maybe got better but a bit to much for my F3

Would I be able to see this issue if I look at the processor usage from the log file?

yep cubes are obsolete!

Hope you only mean the cube black than, orange has an h7 so that would be more than sufficient

what would be my best course of action now?

1. Go back to 4.2.3 (it worked fine than) and wait for 4.3.2 when this might be fixed?

2. Disable one imu and stick to the latest (if it works)

3. Go back to 4.2.3 and wait for a fix but still disabling the third imu?

4. if you have a better sugestion

Thanks!

Cube Black has an F427. But it’s still 2 generations old (F4>F7>H7). A H743 flight controller is available for $110. Well, in the US they are.

This aircraft is already quite old and the cube has been really reliable hardware wise. So for the time being i think I’m goong to stick to it.

My new commercial craft has a cube orange. And when I decide to upgrade this rig I will probably spend tje extra money for a new cube for this one too.

For now I guess I’ll try to lighten the processor load and waot for the “fix” to get released

Thanks!