I2C Maxbotix range finder on Pixracer

No news yet, here is what I wrote here: https://gitter.im/ArduPilot/MissionPlanner
patrickpoirier51 @patrickpoirier51 sept. 26 07:48
@meee1 can you take a look at this issue = No rangefinder on display when using PixRacer + rangeFinder on UDP (works with Serial) I2C Maxbotix range finder on Pixracer

But @meee1 hs not looked at it yet.

You can open an issue , it might help

thanks, will try, nice we, Chris

@chris661
I updated the ESP8266 firmware and it resolved the issue.
Try it : https://pixhawk.org/peripherals/8266

great, will try, with version 1.1.1 right? thanks again, Chris

sorry for long time non answering, yes it solved my problem, thanks

hi, PX4FLOW 2.1, any significant improvement from 1.3.1? same compatibility? thanks, Chris

Flying with both, no difference

Always an error message with Bad lidar health, but seems to work fine, look at some posts about that but still the message, any suggestions welcome.

Just disable the rangefinder in prearm check

1 Like

Sorry, in flight data pre flight? Couldn’t find the parameter.If you give me the parameter name I can look for in full parameter list?

I couldn’t see the rangefinder check box. Is there another way to disable it? Thanks.

Yes it is not specifically described as rengefinder == Uncheck Parameters

1 Like

so I uncheck All and check the other one except parameters, right?

Yes you select the options you want from the menu… it is ‘‘À la carte’’ :wink:

Très bien! :grin: But I think Parameters is not explicit enough, can I suggest someone from ardupilot to modify this parameter name? Or maybe to split it in other more understandable options? Like Range Finder, Optical flow, etc. because you know, in 2 months I will have forgotten this :worried:

1 Like

Maxbotix definitively not reliable for outside. Try original and copy, both are unable to report alt values above 2 meters for outside. And then, when I tried a mission in terrain mode, with range finder activated (in my case: RNGFND_TYPE = 2), if the drone goes above 2 or 3 meters, it continues to climb (even above geo fence limit) and even RTL doesn’t work, it happens 3 times and I had to land in stabilize mode. For me it’s a bug, after RNGFND_MAX_CM is reached, the drone altitude should be managed by the barometer, but this is not the case and causes a Fly away if you do not take the hand again.
I had this problem only in Terrain mode mission, the range finder seems to work better (in coorelation with baro) in Relative alt mode. Stranger Things…

ok good to know, I will resume outside fly in a few weeks and certainly report back on this issue.

Will order TFMini, follow your blog procedure and give a try…

printscreen difference alt. baro range finder.

Hi @cookmangr, you said, long time ago, you got sonar range values with HC-SR-04 I2C module. I have the same one and I can’t. Can you help me, please?
Thanks!