I can't fly my quadcopter, because my motors oscillates badly after the activation of Harmonic Notch filters

Also reduce D terms to these:

ATC_RAT_PIT_D,0.00275
ATC_RAT_RLL_D,0.00275

There is also the system identification flight mode and the off line model based PID tunning that can be done in Matlab Simulink.
But to do that you need a bit of control theory.

Hi Sir,
Can you give me more information?
Thanks for your reply!!!

and

1 Like

Hi,
This is the new log file. The quadcopter behaves better, especially in holding position and altitude control (the Shawn’s settings for Baro and GPS made a big difference), but it still had serious oscillations. Also, I think there is a problem with Motor 3. The aircraft was always heading towards this motor. Maybe, this also causes the oscillations. In fact, the motor was getting pretty hot and it had a strange noise (this noise had appeared when the harmonic notch filters were activated for the first time) and wouldn’t rotate several times, when I was arming the aircraft. All the motors Sunnysky V4006 are new, as well as the ESCs.

There’s definitely something wrong with that motor then. It could be a physical issue like the shaft at the bottom of the motor is jammed against the motor mount, or a mounting screw is too long and touching a motor winding. Check the ESC and wires are not shorting to each other or the frame, but that usually gives a more drastic effect.

Hi,
My motor No3 has a serious problem. I thought that the bearings were the problem, but I replaced them and the motor still has the weird noise and it was getting too hot. Also, at high RPM the motor is not stable and oscillates. I will order a new motor and then I will continue with settings.