How to stop a simulation

There is no perfectly clean reset. It’s just like hardware (on purpose). It’s mostly a development tool but has proven useful enough to the end user to provide the functionality.

1 Like

I think some frustration can be alleviated by altering the approach to both learning the ecosystem and asking questions about it. This is not a direct accusation, nor unique to this topic:

Rather than asking, “Why does _____ not behave the way I expect?” and somewhat quickly jumping to the conclusion that “It must be a bug or missing feature,” try this:

“I have _____ goal. Is there a way to do that with ArduPilot?”

or

“I’ve been doing ____, and it seems inefficient/ineffective. Is there a better way?”

To be completely fair, the latter scenario does apply (at least in part) to this topic, so again, I’m not throwing spears.

1 Like

Let me say that I think Ardupilot and MP is really a great product. I am always learning something new. For example, cntrl F brings up a menu with a bunch of buttons. I have not learned this before or read about it in the documentation. I still do not know how to use the info however.

I have been poking many of the buttons on the action screen. How can I learn what each of them are supposed to do and under what circumstance? Is this better??? I know some but not all of them.

I don’t think it’s critical that you learn each and every function and nuance. In fact, that will likely prove frustrating.

Again, look at it through the lens of “What is it that I want to do?”

Then take a look around the documentation and discussion on similar topics. You’ll likely find the solution. And if you don’t find the answer you seek, but you think (or know) that something is possible, ask how.

1 Like