How to learn Drone programming as a beginner?

But then, I really don’t know what I’m talking about, Nitesh.

Thank you so much, David.
As far as I know, SQL is used for database management, C is used for embedded systems programming, C++ is used for game development and other stuff and Python is used for machine learning and web development (both of them seem completely different things Lol). As you’ve told about the university approach, I think what I know what I want to do. I’ll learn a non-OOPS based language first like C and then I’ll also learn an OOPS based language like C++ or Python. Also with a little research, I found that C is the preferred language for interacting with drivers and Python is the preferred language for working with Linux and machine learning, all of which I might be needing in the future.
I was thinking about starting this course on edx this. Is it any good?

Thank you so much for spoonfeeding me all the info needed.

SQL is used in databases, but is one of the most horrible “languages” out there. Still, it is what most people know and use, sadly. For machine learning, you want a compiled language as ML is already so slow. Python is good at some things like string handling but as far as I know, doesn’t have a compiled version. Edx, when it even works, is like most things: it has some great courses and some crappy courses.

learning to use Github I got the basics like fork fetch and clone navigating in the PX4 shell, All seems well I see the directories.

After I CD to the local directory called “firmware” from the docs I used this command.: "Git make px4fmu-v2_default "

the shell seems to be in a hold status no text after the command I see the "> " in the shell. How long does it take to compile? I am running Windows do I need to use Linux to compile or will the git shell be ok?

You’re following the wrong instructions…
Try http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/building-px4-with-make.html
You need to be in the ArduPilot vehicle directory (copter/plane etc), and use the correct make command for your board.
Much better to use waf though, so perhaps consider setting up a Linux VM.

Hi James, Thank you so much for the pointers I going to setup a Linux VM is that better than a usb boot to ubuntu option?

I haven’t tried working off a live USB.
I’ll try to have a look, but not likely today: out at the flying field :slight_smile:

Regards,

James

Cool have a great day! I decided that i should use waf I think I have everything installed right.

I did some work today and had some environmental issues. Atho its a windows machine running qubuntu vw do I use the the script for Linux to setup the build environments? like: Tools/scripts/install-prereqs-ubuntu.sh -y and: . ~/.profile

Solved-- looks like I did not have a few setups I needed including
"Ninja-build"

Yes, the Ubuntu script should get everything you need. You might need to make sure your vm has USB access too.

Regards,

James

I think I got it now I did not have Ninja installed. I will try to upload to a FC via MP and Ubuntu.

Uploaded via MP to FC and it works! FC sounds happy Frame: HEXA
PX4v3 0037001C 3134510E 35313935
PX4: 1e7ed30b NuttX: 1472b16c
ArduCopter V3.6-dev (802f6a4a)

1 Like

I was wondering the RC-3 ChibiOS version is not flying well. if I make a copy should i use: " ./waf configure --board fmuv4 " “Pixracer using ChibiOS” for the mRo x2.1 rev2?

The X2.1 is a fmuv3 from memory

Regards,

James

That is really a meaningful discussion. Happy to see the thread as I was searching for the solution from such a long time regarding the Ninja installation from EduHelpHub and now I am trying to reinstall it.