How to build the lightest Ardupilot microquadcopter 3-inch "2-stack" frame?

they were increased from 20 to 40

1 Like

Nice project. I was wondering the type and thickness of the plywood you used. Is it the 3-ply light ply, or “regular” 5 ply hobby material. Did you use a custom cutting service? Never used one and was wondering what they charge or who to use.
Thanks for any info.
Joe

Hello Joe,

plywood thickness is 3mm. I used indeed a cutting service (sculpteo.com). Any online cutting service should be ok for such simple work.

UPDATE : flight endurance tests with two different LI-Ion cells

6 Likes

Love your videos! Informative and entertaining. Also, is there any possibility of a webcam? Love watching the chickens

1 Like

Hugues share any info you need for drones but never share the secret how to have a pretty garden like that with two chikens :o Lol

1 Like

You just need a gardening wife lol

2 Likes

We salute her efforts. And yours too.

1 Like

A 3D printed anti vibration mount is tested to check how it can eliminate jello in full HD video recordings of a runcam split mini2 camera flying onboard a sub-250g 3" micro quadcopter.

2 Likes

Looks nice, but…I cant see the chickens :thinking: What did you eat yesterday?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: I actually had chicken but I also wondered where did these chicken were hiding while filming? They might request copyrights soon.

2 Likes

Nice one and inspired me to build my 3Inch 2s 18650 LiFe Copter totaly new.
I printed your Frame, 16gr. on 3.5mm height. You can now buy a similar looking Frame weights 15.5gr.
Actual i design some Ducts, 7gr each for the moment.

You made any progress with your Build ?
Im waiting for my FC from Banggood to flash Arducopter, maybe you can share your Settings to save me some Time ?

1 Like

Thx. Here under you will find two param files : one from Maroquio and mine
Micro3InchHugues juin 2019.param (12.3 KB)
Sub250A.Maroquio.FC-KakuteF7AIO.GPS-Matek.LiDAR-TFMini.OF-ThoneFlow.RX-R9MMwithFrSkyTelemetryPassthrough.NanoPiOnRx1Tx1.param (19.5 KB)

Hey,

I just finished a new frame, for which I will soon publish a build guide, that is lighter that the previous one by a lot : 95gr without battery.

I just did a maiden flight, on 2S Li Ion batteries, charged at 4V for a flight (hover) duration of almost 28 minutes:

7 Likes

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing the build details. You undoubtedly could sell a lot of these if you were so inclined

1 Like

Hey, are there any updates on this project? I am thinking about building one of my own, and it has been a while since the last post.

Thanks!

There will be soon. I have yet another ultra light frame concept that I need to build and try. I just have to find some time for it which is the main issue at this point