Hexacopter radio fail safe triger takes too long?

hello everybody

this was the first flight of hexa. while flying, receiver cable displaced suddenly. hexa thumbled and drop about 50m then rised up make RTL.
as shown by graphics is it normal to drop like this amount. i was lucky at that point the was a valley and helped to compansate. thanks for advance

video link
hexa almost crush

here is the releated log for this flight

thanks for your help

It does not look like the receiver was unpluged. No drop in RCIN signals nor RSSI. There is a huge yaw change when the drop happens. I just started looking at the log, and I’m not very experienced at it. I asked you to post the log because that is what the real experts are going to want to look at. I’m sure someone will be able to tell you exactly what happened and why.

Ignore this!!! I misread the log totally. (editied)

I totally missed the right section of the log the first time I looked. For some reason the motor interlock was triggered when the radio was lost. That should not happen unless you are landed or in stabilise or acro with throttle at zero. There may be a bug in the code where no radio looks like zero throttle and the motors were stopped.That is why it fell instead of continuing… Looking at the docs in some circumstances throttle is set low when radio loss occurs. This seems wrong to me for Copter. Someone else needs to explain this behavior. For a plane it makes sense, but for a Copter or Multirotor it’s a crash.

please stop with the bug already :slight_smile:

I posted the answer to the first thread: Hexacopter radio fail safe triger takes to long?

• also: please don’t crosspost, spamming the forum does not help.

the cross post was an accident. Sorry about that. Too many browser windows open at once.