Help needed, Cube disarmed during flight

Dear Jani,

Now that there is a definite conclusion, we need your help. We have a total of about 7 uav, equipped with this airspeed / compass hardware.

Of course we cannot continue to fly with this as it may potentially leed to a crash.

Is there an alternative available?

ahh, sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I didn’t mean to stop using this type of sensor. I just mean this individual sensor as it shows unusual noise. I really mentioned it as I can see you’re flying a large plane over populated areas and it wouldn’t be worth continuing using a sensor that has mis-behaved. The same would go for any mis-behaving sensor.
The QMC5883L sensor is in general fine, but in this flight log this one clearly misbehaved.
Cheers, Tridge

Ah, OK. Understand. But I’m thinking to change anyway since this incident.

I noticed the Here2 has also built in compass. So I will change from this airspeed/compass combination to only airspeed sensor and then change the GPS to here2 and use that compass.

You think that’s a good idea?

Anthony, best solution is to update to the latest firmware where ChibiOS interrupt storm is fixed. This is just to make sure that it won’t happen again.

We are happy to replace this individual sensor for you.

as long as you upgrade to 3.9.11 then the QMC5883L as a sensor is fine to use, but if you did want to disable it and just use it as airspeed and not compass then you can set:
COMPASS_TYPEMASK=4128
that will disable the use of any QMC5883 compass.

To all,

I would like to thank everybody for the attention and help we received for this particular crash.

Of course it is a big loss for us, but your support and dedication to help solving the problem was very encouraging.

2 Likes