Harmonic notch support (ESC, Throttle, FFT)

Hi @andyp1per ,

i tried FFT_HMNC_PEAK=4 in an extended flight it seems its not that “solid” as the previous log

Should i keep having it on 4 ? or turn it back to 0 ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PGfK0yUaurRZvNdZjicYkPjO26wsopYY/view?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance,
Best!

Yeah not clear its helping in this log

Hello,

Do you think its better set on 0 ? (flight was pretty smooth)

Best!

Sure

More words, more words

Hi! @andyp1per

I’ve got a hex running 30" props and T-Motor U8II motors/Alpha ESCs. FC is a Cube Orange.
I’ve been trying to get the in-flight FFT notch set up, but it seems to be jumping around different frequencies:

FFT parameters set as:

Any suggestions to improve the tracking?
Thank you for your help!
Log file can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cw_Hv3YnzY16cDi5mLlI4gnFk_ed5RFv/view?usp=sharing

Just a couple of my guesses
Would lowering FFT_MAXHZ,300 to about 200 better target the frequency range?
Would setting FFT_HMNC_PEAK,0 to 1 or 2 stop the FFT from hunting around amongst peaks?

Maybe start you own thread, always nice to see large aircraft tuned and working properly.
Tuning looks good for those big props and motors and Alpha ESCs, keep it up!
Have you got a photo?

I dunno it looks pretty good to me - certainly about as good as you would expect from the FFT. The first and second harmonics are tracked reasonably well so you would probably benefit from INS_HNTCH_OPTS=2

I agree about experimenting with FFT_HMNC_PEAK

Thank you @xfacta @andyp1per, I’ll give those suggestions a try.

@xfacta photo as requested!

@andyp1per

Hi, I have an issue with my fft and dynamic harmonic notch. I’ve read the instructions and set the dynmic harmonic notch to use fft for control. Although the gyro noise analysis shows worse noise values with the filter on than with it off. I don’t know how to solve it. Probably just a case of lacking the knowledge necessary for the filters and fft. The picture is the grapgh of the gyro noise with no filtering.

If there is any info missing I can send it. I wasn’t able to upload my log here. To large a of file apparently.

You need to post a log

The file was to big. Do you have any tips on how I should send the file?

upload to a cloud service such as dropbox, google drive etc. and share its link here. make sure it is able to be downloaded by everyone in settings.

Hi guys I’m flying this 34" quad copter which shows oscilations at hover only. looking at the fft logs it shows a peak at 29 hz. Basically if I keep the quad moving the arms stop vibrating and it flies really nice.

what kind of settings would help track this peak safely, being it so low?

I attach the log of last flight.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/138_qSvQVxWy9JxnIOnRDDX-6iBkig9Bp?usp=sharing

Would really appreciate if anyone could look into this.

1st you may want to configure the Notch filter so it’s doing something. You have it set for Throttle reference but don’t have a hover throttle value set. You may as well disable FFT also as it’s just crunching numbers and not active. Unless you actually want to use FFT then set the Mode for it to be used.

I would update to latest Stable before doing anything.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I will redo everything and come back to get help tunning the filter, because the sympthoms are the same without any of the filters being activated. That makes sense, as you tell me I don’t even have the notch filter active.

I would update to latest Stable, set INS_LOG_BAT_MASK to 1 and make a short hover flight in AltHold. And then go from there or post that log.

Will do and come back with a log.

Thanks a lot!

UPSSSSS, I made a mistake and chose the wrong log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sut2goyJykmUFKDwQe1nkv704Z4RjcdZ/view?usp=sharing

Here’s the real last flight log. I was scratching my head now on how could the filters be of hahah.

I knew that, it wasn’t flying :grinning: And the new one is a tlog of little value…

:woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: Sorry for that.