Harmonic notch support (ESC, Throttle, FFT)

Sorry for not answering. I had some Yaw issues that I had to sort out before tuning the filters. I also managed, with some help, to set up the harmonic notch at the same time.
Thanks!

Yep, your settings for HNTCH_FREQ and BW should work fine.

INS_HMNCS filters out the higher harmonics, which have frequencies that are multiples of your lowest peak. Given that the 1st peak is at about 118Hz, the next one is at ~240 and the next one is at ~360, you should check the bits 0, 1, 2 of INS_HNTCH_HMNCS.

@jc5116
under the INS_HNTCH_HMNCS I would click 1,2,3 harmonics for a total bitmask of 7 correct? i do not have the options for 0,1,2.

NOTE: I set the above bitmask to 7 and got the messages:
Config Error: fix problem then reboot
Config Error: Too many notches 24 >18
and my RC is pegged at 3000 so I clearly screwed something up hahahah

So 0 refers to the base freq and because I have 3 peaks I need to set my INS_HNTCH_HMNCS to 1st and 2nd harmonics the base freq is already accounted for, am I correct in that assumption?

I just set up my first throttle based harmonic notch filter. The results are a bit off. I picked my main frequency at 71hz and obviously the 142 peak is a harmonic. But I also had peaks minor peaks at 106 and 119. I thought I’d have to apply a separate static filter for these, but they’re completely

gone with the single ref of 71. Is that normal?

Sure, There is also a low pass filter . What graph did you pick the 71Hz peak from?

I post these graphs in the wrong order lol.

OK, just checking. The Accel graphs are not particularly useful for configuring the Notch filter.

Thanks for looking at that! The peak was so low I wasn’t sure lol. It may be because the motors are inverted. This used to be a standard Foxtech H1. Crazy thing about that frame is the 15" props cut about 3" into the frame. It can’t be good on so many levels. So while 3D printing some extended mounts I decided to flip them around. I always wanted one of those fancy inverted motor drones : ) I also check the frequency against what Tmotor says the 3508 motors wiht 15" props should turn at 50% (which matches weight with thrust). at 4200 RPMs

which is at 71hz. Those numbers don’t really match up so maybe a frame resonance.