FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

Does the requirement for an external bi-directional inverter apply when using a pixracer if connecting to the existing SERIAL4 / FRSky telem port?

No, the FrSky telem port has a hardware inverter on the board

Hello!
Just a quick question.
Dies rssi meter works correctly with fport?

Thanks!

1 Like

Working awesome here with PixRacer and X4R-SB and XSR Rev. 1.1 (not indentical to R-XSR). I use SERIAL4_OPTIONS=4 (half duplex) and SERIAL4_PROTOCOL=23, as the FrSky port of the Pixracer is inverted in hardware on PCB.

However, there is some odd behavior, if the F.Port link is run in parallel to a second RC link. If I boot up Ardupilot with the primary RC link (Crossfire in my case), the RC signal fails over nicely to F.Port/ACCST when disconnecting Crossfire. However, after reenabling Crossfire and than disconnecting the FrSky receiver, the link is not changing back to the other working receiver.

@tridge Is this the intended behavior? My test was done on a fresh build from master.

Andrew,
Seems like testing has gone well. Is this firmware stable 4.1.0?
I tried flashing my F765-wing with 4.1.0, but it continue to fail to load the new FW. At the moment my F765 is running 4.0.5 FW which does not support fport.
Are there any tricks to load latest FW on F765?

Thanks
Riz

@tridge
Hello!
Seems there’s incorrect rssi reading with fport.

Could you please take a look on this?

Regards!

To bind my Jumper T16 to an R-XSR with v2.1.0_Fport_FCC firmware,
I have to choose Multi/FRSKYX2/D16 for the protocol in the internal RF module (v1.3.0.91)

The TX connects and receives telemetry, but all of the RC channels out of the RX are zero; no response to sticks. Has anyone else had this problem?

Can you update internal module ?
Recently same face this problem

After update problem gone :sunglasses:

Happy flying :slightly_smiling_face:

1.3.0.91 is the latest one here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module/releases
Is that the right one for the T16?

I think it’s batter then this (may-be)

https://www.jumper-rc.com/download/t16-pro-hall-v2/

Happy flying :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Mark,
I confirm this setup is working for me:

• Jumper T16 on OpenTX 2.3.7
  • Internal multimodule on 1.3.0.91 (AETR as channel order = my default channel order)
  • R-XSR on “RXSR_ACCST_2.1.0_Fport_LBT.frk” (LBT no FCC but same version as your setup)

passtrough telemetry and RC working

Alex

I’m on OpenTX 2.3.7 also. The firmware file for the internal RF module is
multi-stm-opentx-aetr-noinv-v1.3.0.91.bin
and the receiver has RXSR_ACCST_2.1.0.Fport_FCC.frk

I tried an X4R with FPORT-NonEU_171114.frk and passthrough telemetry and RC both work. This is on the FrSky port of a pixracer (serial4) with SERIAL4_PROTOCOL=23 and SERIAL4_OPTIONS=0

I have another R-XSR on hand. Will try it now that I know the FrSky port can work.
Voltage swing at the RX is 0-2.8

as a side note bidirectional fport telemetry was not working on ACCST 2.x, reflashed to ACCST 1.x and bidirectional telemetry started working again.
I did not flash any of my frsky radios to ACCST 2.x so I can’t tell why it was not wokring

beware of X4R fport firmware, it’s very buggy, RC is fine but byte stuffing is not properly implemented and many frames are rejected

1 Like

Thanks Alex.

The luagcs script seems to hang on the …loading screen with the X4R and Fport, so I guess I’ll plan to use it only with SBUS+Sport.

I’ll reflash the R-XSR to v1.9 fport firmware and test fport on the pixracer next.

I do the same, use X4R on sport only and r-xsr 1.x on fport, both working great

Hi Dmytro,
you’re right fport rssi is scaled 0-100 and not 0-255, would you minf opening an issue so it’s tracked?

@yaapu @andyp1per Verified that RC and bidirectional and passthrough telemetry work with the frsky_telem_bidirectional branch and R-XSR (v1.9 Fport firmware) on the pixracer FrSky port.
Tested with Jumper T16 with internal multiprotocol RF module v1.3.0.91, FrSky D16 mode.

The pixracer FrSky port is a uart with onboard inverter on both RX and TX. Use SERIAL4_PROTOCOL 23 and OPTIONS zero.

1 Like

Did you get any progress on this? Is that the reason we can’t use the built in inverter on the sbus? I’d much rather use the connector so I can remove the receiver if needed (updates etc) vs soldering it.

“SBus: Built in inverter of RX2 for SBUS input”

Hello!

It seems like I am not able to find the parameter BRD_ALT_CONFIG in the param list.

I have a kakute f7 aio v1.5 and an RXSR flashed with the F port firmware.