FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

serial_option=Half duplex.
No need to invert.
This is what I did wrong.

Weren’t you using SERIAL7_OPTIONS = 4 with "inverted SPort " pad on your R9mm?

Looks like you were not following the wiki instructions and were doing something on your own. This is what happens when you don’t pay attention. Anyways its working now and all good.,

I followed this. and it was not working to my setup

MatekF765-Wing

UART6 RX can now be tied to receiver FPort. This board requires a unique configuration:

But i gave you instructions for your F4.

sorry i was confused with 2 boards. thank you for being helpful.

@xixijoe
Hi
I have working setup with r9mm and f405 wing…using bottom uninverted F port on receiver with latest F port accst fw on r9mm and the latest dev version on ardupilot 4.1.0 because of dji msp osd protocol.
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL =23
SERIAL1_OPTIONS = 4 (Half Duplex)
RSSI_TYPE =3
Serial1 baud= 57
Uart1 TX to the r9mm receiver uninverted Fport

Uart1=serial1 on f405 wing.
Telemetry and rc control works as it should.
I have no issue with rssi but tested only on the ground yet.
(Previously i tried this setup on ardu fw 4.0.6 stable version a few month ago…than i could manage this to work only with inverter cable between r9mm and uart o f405…now its wroking without inverter on my F4 board too with latest 4.1.0 dev fw on arduplane…probably it should work on 4.0.7 stable but not tested yet)

Hi
much thanks to ozzy for providing the right information for my setup
im using the MatekF405SE board with AC4.1.0dev.
SERIAL7_BAUD = 57
SERIAL7_OPTIONS = 4
SERIAL7_PROTOCOL = 23
R-XSR receiver with ACCST 1.9.1 firmware
Radiomaster TX12 OP2.3.11
yaapu 1.9.3beta
Yaapu is working correctly
Telemetry sensors display 15 items correctly

The issue im facing is that the gps coordinates displayed in the sensor list is wrong.
missionplanner gps coordinates are 25.813651N , 51.398468 E
Radiomaster telemetry coordinates are 25.484924 N, 51.235434 E

i’ve tried different AC firmwares such as 4.0.7beta and 4.1.0Dev (latest) but the gps position coordinates remain wrong. Does anyone know how to fix this issue

Still having troubles with R-XSR receivers on F765 and H743 boards. Controls work, but telemetry does not come through. Yaapu script reports “rcinput: decoding fport” and is in “initializing” state. I tried various combinations of serial options, alt_brd set to 1 and 0, nothing helps. I get a brief telemetry burst if RX button held a bit and blue led switches on and off (what does that mean in FPort firmware by the way?).
I read somewhere that there might be an issue that signal level on FC is not enough for RX. Do you think a regular pull-up resistor might help or are there internal pullups on F7 and H7 boards that can be turned on like on F4 ones with SERIALx_OPTIONS = 160?

@TheTroll - do you get proper battery voltage on RxBt? I have a Matek F405, Jumper R1 Sbus RX Compatible Frsky receiver and Jumper T18 transmitter. Can you, please, advise on how to enable RxBt on all this? Thank you!

Works for me on a Matek H743 board with the same options as specified for the Matek F765. It’s with an R9MM-OTA Rx but I don’t think that should make any difference.

• BRD_ALT_CONFIG =1
  • SERIAL7_PROTOCOL =23
  • SERIAL7_OPTIONS =15

I have a suspicion that it does make difference. I have both H743 and F765 boards with 2 xsr RXs behaving the same way.
I just realized I have a x4r laying around somewhere. Might try it without changing FC setup…

I have an X4R and a Kakute F7 laying around I suppose I could try. But I think I had trouble with that as the Fport target still says Beta for the X4R. I changed all other craft to R9.

Do you know if serial options 160 works on F7/H7 boards?

Haven’t had an occasion or Flight Controller requiring pull up.

1 Like

Well… Actually I’d switched to crossfire now.
Actually I’m not really satisfied with this decision. Probably I’ll back later to frsky again.

But to have a telemetry back to your transmitter you need to have something except Sbus.
Sbus is one way.
You need to have SPort or FPort to get telemetry back.

Will it be possible to get telemetry(specifically RxBt battery state) on Jumper T18 transmitter with this Jumper R900 Receiver? (I’m trying to figure out which receiver should I buy for this to work…). Thank you!

Ok. Reporting.
Weird thing. Same parameters, same pins connected.
BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1
Serial7_options=23
protocol=23

X4R works no problem. XSR does not. WHY???

That is odd. I see there is a firmware release for the XSR in January 2021 that mentions Fport. Do you have that flashed?

I tried both latest accstt versions, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1, FCC versions both.

Yep. Confirming, both r-xsr receivers I have do not work in any config I could think of (using various bitmasks but mostly variants like 10000111 and 11000111). Only restarting FC or disconnecting/reconnecting RX sends a short telemetry message and that’s it.
At the same time x4r works with the same settings and connected to the same pins.
Next test would be trying to put an external 4.7k resistor between fport and 5v. But maybe I should pinch a scope meter from work first…

1 Like