FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

Problem with R9 Slim+ OTA FPort.
I connected this receiver to Matek765 wing with Arduplane v4.0.6 installed.
in MP and QGC, the highest rssi is 39, which means arduplane divide the rssi value by 2.55 (it assume rssi range should be 0-255, while it is actually 0-100).
Is there any fix to this?

I have the same issue with r9 slim+ OTA, same board, with arduplane v4.0.6 installed.
The RSSI range is 0-39, which means that arduplane assume RSSI range of 0-255, where in reality its 0-100. because it assume this range, it divide the rssi vallue from fport by (255/100 = 2.55) --> so when the rssi from the fport is 100, it shows 100/2.55 = 39

I don’t know how to adjust the rssi range to 0-100… I’m still looking for a fix.

Please try same setup with current master, rssi fix is not in 4.0.6 yet

Yaapu, just to make sure, I need to build the current code in the master, and then flush it to my FC, to test the fix.
I’m not a tester (as of yet), and I never built the arduplane code before, but I’ll give it a try.

Hi, you can use the firmwware from here

I can confirm that indeed the problem is corrected in the current master.
Good!

Any word on when to expect it to be released as a stable version?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting success, let’s let @tridge know that it works so he can eventually plan a backport to the next stable releases.

Mine is not working. I don’t have RC control nor telemetry.

I have kakute f7 with teko32 4 in 1. Flashed with 4.1 dev
R-XSR with RXSR_ACCST_2.1.0.Fport_LBT
Taranis X9D+ with OpenTX 2.3.9 and internal module with XJT_ACCST_2.1.0_LBT.frk

Then the R-XSR s.port wire connected to the Kakute Rx6
and

• SERIAL6_PROTOCOL=23
  • BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1
  • SERIAL6_OPTIONS=15
  • RSSI_TYPE=3

I have also tried with RC_OPTIONS 0 and 8.

The X9D+ and the R-XRS are bound but when I go to Radio Calibration on MP, all the controls are greyed.

I tested the f.port wire with the oscilloscope and I got this short signals

Any clue?

I didn’t think bidirectional fport telemetry worked on ACCST 2.x (see post 154).
But that was a while ago, has anyone had success with it since?

Thank you Mark, I have read that post, but I also don’t have rc control.

Mine is not working, RC working, yaapu9 v1.8.0 telem not working.

Omnibus F4 V3 Pro, R-XSR (accst 2.1 fcc fport FW, fport signal comes out non-inverted), inverter cable connected to Telem1 port, running AC 4.0.5 rc2.
Signals look ok, but I dont like the 6V going into the FPort pin (I never understood using rs232 driver in this app, as seen in the bottom right picture, rs232 is outputting +7v to -7v like rs232 should be and the diode is blocking the -7V, but +6V telem1 Tx data is now on the RSXR FPort pin, I know this is not the issue I am having as the same is working with X4R with sport).

Using AC settings from post one for my board, only rssi and RxBt sensor discovered on my x9d with openTx v2.3.9.

Suggestions? TIA!

As mentioned in post 1, but my R-XSR with accst v2.1 FW outputs non-inverted FPort (mostly low, data high), could this be the reason its not working? To clarify, fport RC control does work, telemetry does not.

I tested yesterday with fport 1.9 and it is working. So I think there is an issue with frsky fport firmware 2.1

I just tried accst v1.9 fport and same.

Just to rule out AC, I am running AC v4.0.5 rc2, should it work on this version?
I just tried AC 4.1 (MP shows build 1.3.7563.27684, this makes no sense to me, and it loads the parameters fast, like 5 seconds, verse normal 25 seconds).

Do these signals look correct (inverted/not inverted)? (as can bee seen, fport is not inverted on accst v1.9 and v2.1 out the R-XSR connector, but I tried both by soldering to a pad on the board)

I’ve pushed an important fix for FPort into master today. The fix is for boards that fit the following conditions:

• using a F7 or H7
  • using BRD_ALT_CONFIG at a value other than zero
  • setting SERIALn_OPTIONS to include half-duplex and inversion
  • using FPort for Frsky telemetry (eg. yaapu scripts)

The fixed caused the polarity of the idle state of FPort data to be wrong. The result was that FPort telemetry was unreliable. It is likely why some boards needed RC_OPTIONS=8 to enable the pad byte for FPort.
I should also note that we now support FPort2 as well as FPort in master. So the new ACCESS protocol FrSky receivers (eg. Archer R6) with FPort2 now work, both for RC input and for telemetry.
Cheers, Tridge

3 Likes

So, should we try again with Accst 2.1 Fport?

if your board meets the conditions I’ve listed in my post, then yes.

Did anyone got F765 working with R9 mini?
Fport RC input is working so I am halfway there, just need telemetry for sexy Yaapu script.

My radio is ACCST Taranis Plus with R9 module.
FC = F765, FW version 4.0.6

• BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1
  • SERIAL7_PROTOCOL=23
  • SERIAL7_OPTIONS=15
  • RC_OPTIONS=8
  • RSSI_TYPE=3
    fport wire is connected to UART6.

As a side note, I tested this with X8R and worked perfectly, just need to work with R9 mini receiver.

Thanks,

what ArduPilot firmware version did you test? I fixed a bug that would affect this setup yesterday.

I am using 4.0.6 plane fw