FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

Well, this is the Fport thread so ignore everything I said :unamused:

ok but fport is not the same as sport with the added possibility of giving “commands”?

Fport is RC and telemetry combined in one protocol requiring only one port. If you had the Jumper R1F then you would be in the right thread.

Ok, I try to open new post in this thread :frowning:

I like that inverter, I dont see any charge pump caps, so its not a rs232, and more specifically, not subjecting a stressing +6V the S.Port / F.Port pins on my receivers. Can you see what is marked on the top of the chip (or picture) and post back what you find? tia

This is my inverter. green tx to tx1 FC , grey rx not connect, red Vcc to FC. violet GND to FC, yellow to S.port RX, black to gnd RX

Hi, I do not know, if I am right in this thread: I tried to get F.Port working using a H743 wing and XSR.
I connected the s.port pin of the xsr to RX6, set BRD_ALT_CONFIG to 1, RC options to 8, Serial protocol to 23, options to 15 and left baudrate at 57. The rc control data gets through (stickv alues are displayd correctly on gcs) but yapu does not get any telemetry (rssi and rxbat work, so I get telemetry from the RX). Any ideas?

Hello ,
I have exactly the same problem like you Simon, I already check different settings but impossible to recive th telemetry to my radio with H743-wing
I already check with this autopilot the Spoprt cofig with inverter ( only for telemetry /withouth pwm) and the problem is the same : impossible to recive th telemetry to my radio

:frowning:

Configuration

• H743-wing or F765-wing
  • R9 Slim+ ota ( flashed with F.port version firmware or Sport version + inverter ony for trmemetry)
  • Ardupilot V4.1.0dev (7a82898e)

Precision : the same Sport receiver (with the inverter) work good with another autopilot (Cuav5 nano with another version of ardupilot)

Any ideas?

Thanks

There seems to be a discrepancy between 2 sources of info for the F765-Wing.

In the board description it says:
It supports all RC protocols, however for FPort the receiver should be connected to T6 and SERIAL7 configured as described in FPort section.

The Fport section says:
UART6 RX can now be tied to receiver FPort. This board requires a unique configuration:

But I think the defining source is the Hwdef file:
as an alternative config setup the RX6 pin as a uart. This allows

• for bi-directional UART based receiver protocols such as FPort*
  • without any extra hardware*
    PC7 USART6_RX USART6 NODMA ALT(1)

I have also tried with serial options 7 and on tx pin, does not work either.

I just realized, that I had another UART set to S.Port Passthrough at the same time (although no S.Port reciver was connected). Could this be an issue (like it is impossible for two seperate uarts both to be F/S.Port Telemtry)? I can not test this currently as the FC is in use

Yes, this is an issue

Telemetry Works ( in S.port) !!! :partying_face:

Thanks for this first step with s.port :slight_smile:
Actual configuration :
H743-wing or F765-wing
R9 Slim+ ota ( flashed with F.port version firmware or Sport version + inverter ony for trmemetry)
Ardupilot V4.1.0dev (7a82898e)

Possible to suggest me the setings for test in FPort mode ?

Please try connecting Fport to T6, with serial7 options=7, protocol=23, rssi_type=3
and make sure that no other uart has serialN_protocol=23 or 10

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

A GOOD JOB :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Thank you Mark, Alex, Dave , Simon and all other contributeurs

before write in this space, I spent 3 days for test , test , test !!!

2 Likes

Thank you guys such a great job on this project

Here’s my setup:

• Pixhack v3x + ArduCopter 4.0.5

• FrSky R9 SX receiver + R9M 2019 TX, both on Flex ACCESS firmware, EU setup

• RadioMaster TX16s with Access mod, OTX 2.3.11 nightly

• Using the inverter from below…

• SERIAL5_PROTOCOL =23

• SERIAL5_OPTIONS =160

• RSSI_TYPE =3

• RC_OPTIONS=0

• BRD_ALT_CONFIG=0

RC in fully working
No Yaapu telemetry
RSSI at 39% issue

Hi everybody,
After the maiden flight, when I check the logs of the RSSI, I have this :

Need to calibrate ?
An idea ?

Thanks

Finally, After some tests, I think then is all good for me !

Thanks !

Thanks for the picture Alberto_Ds for the inverter, sorry for the late reply (I thought I already responded, doh).

It looks like this part, but not 100% sure as the small package does not contain the full p/n.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/on-semiconductor/NL27WZ06DBVT1G/12525361
Looks like a couple 4.7K pull up resistors (for the open drain outputs).

1 Like

Not sure this link belongs here, but since it involves fport telemetry, I thought I should add this here as well.

Hi @tridge,

Thanks for this! Although i’ve tried everything to get FPort telem to work on my Cube Orange and R-XSR with the Q X7 (ACCST), and I cant get it to work.

I had ArduCopter (Cube Orange) 4.1.0 dev firmware installed, I had flashed the R-XSR to FPORT_LBT 2.1.0, and matched the Q X7 Firmware to LBT 2.1.0.

Hardware wise I’ve linked the S.Port pin out of the R-XSR to the TX Pin (next to red VCC) on the Telem2 UART port. TX and RX are bound fine.

In MP, i’ve set the following:

Serial2_Protocol: 23 (RCIN)
Serial2_Options: 7 (InvertRX, InvertTX, half duplex)
RC_Option: 8 (have also tried 0 but no luck)
RSSI_Type: 3

No matter what i try, i dont get any RC link from the Q X7 to MP, but I do get a weird semi-telemetry, but no real information.

When i swap back to SPort (firmware on everything and settings) I get fine RC input (onto the PPM rail) - but my YAAPU screen on the Q X7 is just blocked out with “NO TELEMETRY.”

Any ideas from anyone? I’ve read this whole thread and cant figure it out. I’ve seen something about a pulldown resistor - but no detail. Any tips on whether i need this and what value resistor and is it from the FPort line to earth?

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to contributing to this awesome open source project.