FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

just check that RC in works and that telemetry with the yaapu scripts works.

I Have a X9D+ with R9M and will be bench testing with a R9 rx connected to a Matek F765-Wing.

LB

I used the following configuration from the online documentation, and the receiver works, but the telemetry does not. S.Port is hooked to RX6.

MatekF765-Wing

UART6 RX can now be tied to receiver FPort. This board requires a unique configuration:

• [BRD_ALT_CONFIG] =1
  • [SERIAL7_PROTOCOL] =23
  • [SERIAL7_OPTIONS] =15
  • [RC_OPTIONS] =8
  • [RSSI_TYPE] =3

I have the Yaapu 1.8.0 script on my X9D, and it says “no telemetry data”

Regards,
LB

EDIT: I have also tried hooking s.port to TX6 and using serial7_options = 7 with the same result

Actually found the answer further up in this thread. Setting [RC_OPTIONS]=0 fixes the issue for me on the F765-Wing. All working for me now. Works with the Yaapu and FlightDeck lua scripts.

Please update the documentation. :slight_smile:

Regards,
LitterBug

2 Likes

@tridge and @yaapu, for some reason, I cannot get the telemetry part to work on a Cube Orange. I have normal RC inputs to the vehicle, but I only discover 3 sensors; RSSI, RxBt, and F010 0. Any suggestions?

R-XSR with ACCESS 2.1.0 firmware going to an X-Lite S. Hooked up to GPS1 (serial3_parameters).

• SERIAL3_PROTCOL=23
  • SERIAL3_OPTIONS=7
  • RC_OPTIONS=8
  • RSSI_TYPE=3

[EDIT:] Flashing back to 191107 firmware on the internal module and RXSR allowed me to find the GPS sensor… What has to be done to make this stuff work on the latest FrSky firmware?

Hi Nate, on the Cube Orange you can try with an external pull down resistor, check here or you can try disabling the inverter (SERIAL_OPTIONS=4) and use the uninvrted pad on the r-xsr (in this case should work without the external pull down)

Trying to set up Matek F405 Wing. Post 1 says set SERIAL5_OPTIONS=160. I cannot set them to any number, Mission Planner gives me a check box with 4 options that can be ticked that automatically set the value of the field to 0,1,2,3,4,6,7,16,17,19,20,21,22,23 and probably others in that range.

I am using an inverter but OpenTx does not see any sensors from the board after trying a few of these options.

I don’t know if you saw my edit; it works with an older version of the FrSky firmware without changing cabling… wouldn’t that indicate something like a protocol issue, not a pull-down issue?

Mission planners little helper boxes are often out of date and do not show all the options…assuming you are running the correct firmware, just edit the param directly, forget the box…dismiss it

1 Like

have you tried it with the PAD option? RC_OPTIONS=8? apparently different rx firmware versions and different rxs may or may not need this timing tweak…

Hi, How do i change BRD_ALT_CONFIG?
Searched the full param list, could t find it.
Arducopter 4.0.3 on omnibus f4 pro v3
Thanks!
Nevermind
Just read upthread I Have to use the dev version…
Will try that.

Where do i download the dev FW?
Is it in the beta directory or do i Have download the source?
Can you link it pleas?
Thank you.
Im Trying to link omnibus f4 pro to s. Port And a holybro 433. Have to enable telem2.

You don’t have to download it. From Mission Planners Install Firmware screen hit Cntrl>Q and it will populate the latest dev version. But if you want to down load and install manually it’s here, pick your board and use the .apj file and “load custom firmware”

https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/latest/

1 Like

Many Thanks Dave.
One More question-- is the dev FW Stable or am I to Expect bugs?
Thanks again

If you want stable fw with fport support then the closest would be to run the current beta releases. Both the copter and plane beta releases support fport.

Thank you tridge.
Not that interested in fport.
Just Want to Have the BRD_ALT_CONFIG so I can get another uart.

No, you can’t call the Dev version Stable. It’s for trial of new features that haven’t been thoroughly tested. You are the test pilot when using it!

Thank you Dave.
Is it possible to get the BRD_ALT_CONFIG in a Stable version? Or Will it always only be in the dev FW?
And regarding the inverter hardware, ive tried using rs232 to ttl chips from diferant sources but can not get the telemetry thorough R9 Rx s.port.
Param: SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 10, option 0.
Do i need a diferant option?(it does work with slim+ rx1 pad and option 4(? Halfduplex)

I suppose Stable will include it at some point, this is how things migrate form Dev>Beta>Stable. Sometimes a rc release is made to adress a serious problem but I wouldn’t say this is one.

Are you trying to get Fport working or just Sport telemetry? This is the Fport thread and AFAIK the R9 Rx doesn’t have an Fport firmware option. But this area is a mess with Frsky so not totally sure.

Im almost positive the firmware for R9 has fport (theres flex and flex+f. Port option)
Couldnt get it to work with my diy rs232 to ttl cable, on xsr or R9. so was Trying to get s. Port only. And no success. With slim+ it works fine (f. Port & s. Port using rx1 uninverted s. Port with halfduplex enable) so Im thinking the cable is the problem,
I tried chips from diferant vendors and switching rx/t but nothing.
Any thought?