ESC 'beeping' sound after replacing with Cube Orange plus

Two drones I used to have were equipped with Cube Orange as the flight controller (FC). The ESCs were respectively HOBBYWING XROTOR 40A and DJI E305 430 Lite ESC. I replaced the FC with Cube Orange plus. The firmware of Cube Orange plus was already installed with the latest version. I completed the level calibration and compass calibration as well. When I replaced the FC with Cube Orange plus and connected the battery, the ESC made a sound. It emits a “beep” sound every 1 second. The loud sound continues without stopping. So, I suspected it might be an ESC calibration problem and proceeded with the calibration. However, during the process, the “beep” sound disappeared. However, when the calibration was completed, there was no sound, but when I rebooted the aircraft, the “beep” sound repeated again. Another problem is that when I raise the throttle of the remote controller, all four motors of the drone should rotate simultaneously, but as I raise the throttle, the motors start to turn on one by one. When I lower the throttle, the motors turn off one by one in reverse order. With the previous FC, there was no continuous “beep” sound, and the motors did not operate separately.

Is it difficult for DJI’s ESC to be compatible with Cube Orange plus? I don’t know how to solve this.

Hello @inquire_Roppor welcome to the community.

Fallow the instructions in the EXACT order described here: Methodically configure and tune ArduCopter and the ESCs will stop beeping at some point.

1 Like

Hi @inquire_Roppor,

ESC beeping is normally caused by a difference in the range of PWM values that the autopilot is outputting vs what the ESC expects. Doing an ESC calibration might resolve the issue but some ESCs can’t be calibrated in which case you have no choice but to adjust the ArduPilot side.

My guess is you can get it working by adjusting the MOT_PWM_MIN and MOT_PWM_MAX parameters.

1 Like

The parameters described by @rmackay9 are described in section 2.6 Configure the ESC and are inside the 07_esc.param file.

1 Like

hello, thanks…

I tested with PWM_MIN set to 1100 and PWM_MAX set to 1940, but the motor sync is still off, and the beeping sound persists. Even when I set PWM_MIN to 1120 and PWM_MAX to 1920, the results are the same.

Hi @inquire_Roppor,

There should be a MOT_PWM_MIN value that makes the ESCs stop beeping. The fact that it stopped beeping during the ESC calibration means that some PWM value worked. Maybe the manufacturer web page or datasheet says what the expected PWM range is…

1 Like

Oh, and I checked the PWM values of the Cube Orange I was using before. PWM_MAX was 2000, and PWM_MIN was 1000. And Cube Orange plus had the initial settings with MAX at 2000 and MIN at 1000. I’ll look for the documentation you said.