Disable the servo of the groundsteering when vehicule disarmed

Hello evryone,

I work on a Rover and I control it as a steering car, but when we disarm the throttle I would like to disarm the ground steering to. How can I do please ?

Bc, currently my rover turn on itself when disarm if I sent him a steering command :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the help you will give me :slight_smile:

I think you can try RC mix feature.

FYI: How to set RC switch to control forward or backward - #4 by lida2003

thank you, but I want to keep the mode steering and throtlle in one RC.

Again, configure your vehicle correctly. You can change it to a skid steered configuration if the motor driver supports it, and ArduPilot will handle the RC mixing, along with preventing motion while disarmed, which is the intended and proper way to do it.

1 Like

My problem is that with that method I control left and right independently but it is not my objective ! I want to keep throttle on one RC and steering on the other, but I want to disarm everything when disarmed…

Maybe I don’t understand what you say, but what I am sure is that I need to control it with one joystick only, when I put the stick left my car turn around to the left, if I put my stick forward it go forward …

And what I’m telling you is that ArduPilot allows for that method of control on a skid steer vehicle by doing the mixing for you. Never allow a peripheral device (like a motor driver) to accomplish a feature that ArduPilot already has. Read the topic I linked. See also here:

https://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/rover-steering-input-type-and-reversing-behaviour.html

1 Like

@sarah_gress What kind of Rover are you working on right now?

@Yuri_Rage I think @sarah_gress is not working on ski steer vehicle. He has the Rover like mine.

1 or 2 motor back + 1 ground steering servo front, @sarah_gress correct me, if I’m wrong.

I have 4 motors controlled by a sabertooth 2x32A, the servo 1 (throttle servo) is connected to the output 1 of the cube (mapped to the throttle of my RC), and servo 2 (groundsteering) connected to the output 3 of the cube (mapped to the option groundsteering)

Then please configure as I have described. This is EXACTLY the same as the topic I linked above. The solution is simple, and the outcome is what you want.

I have the impression that what is indicated is that we use left and right to control the rover, in my case I want throttle and steering…

Sorry I don’t understand everything, I am a newbie!

Ok follow closely along, since it seems you won’t read the things I have linked:

Your rover is PHYSICALLY skid steered. The left wheels turn opposite the right to make a turn.

Your desire is for RC control to behave as if it is controlled by separate throttle and steering.

Configure the autopilot for skid steering (ThrottleLeft and ThrottleRight).

Configure the motor driver for independent mode (via DIP switches).

The DEFAULT ArduPilot Rover RC skid steer mixing behavior (linked above in both the relevant topic and the wiki) is steering and throttle (the same as “mixed mode” on the Sabretooth controller), which is EXACTLY what you want.

Doing what I’ve been telling you for weeks will preclude errant motor output when disarmed.

ok I am going to try it, I did not understand that, but I had read it :slight_smile:
Other question, can we choose which rc we want for steering and for throttle for example I only want to use joystick right for throttle and steering :slight_smile:

PILOT_STEER_TYPE=0 controls the mixing type. The default of 0 is what you want.

You choose the “stick” by correctly mapping channels to their function. If your machine is already controlled the way you want, it probably won’t change when you update the configuration to the proper one as I described. If you get a behavior you dislike, come back and ask.

It works !!! thank you :smile: :smile: :smile:

Just trust me next time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never had a doubt, it was just that I didn’t understood exactly how to do :slight_smile: