Issues & Pull Requests
Attendee count (max): 22
UTC1105 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13331
- Fixes for motor tests on tailsitters
- Stops them overriding outputs when they shouldn’t
- Also stops throttle stuck on on disarm
- Outputs to motors all the time
- This should maintain the way tilt motors work when disarmed
UTC1111 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13283
- Fixes broken example
- PH wants people to play with this
- Might be nice to have a switch in a mission to determine if you can complete your mission without running out of battery (a condition)
- Should probably be moved to be real code rather than a script
- Merged because it’s a great example script
- Varargs functions
- Use LogWriteV instead?
- Peter and tridge need to look through the logging
- Need feedback on how good the prediction is food
- Scripting on small boards….
- Possibility without multiple EKFs in the code + RAM savings tridge and MdB are looking at.
UTC1118 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13315
- Needs a review from MdB
- Problematic pointer-comparison stuff
- 64-bit-timestamp issues
- Should convert to degrees
- Emitting format for every message?
- Would be much better to use WriteV
UTC1136 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13259
- Trying to get rid of “Bad AHRS” on Plane
- Extra fields in SYS_STATUS
- Before AHRS initialises
- Extensions to SYS_STATUS to indicate if sensors have initialised or not
- Maybe set ENABLED to false until the sensor is enabled
- Need to work out why Copter is different
- Flying Planes without EKF being happy isn’t great, esp. If it starts to use EKF during takeoff
- Don’t want to hide too much stuff
- Use mav-sys-state to suppress ahrs message?
- Use ekf flags to suppress message?
- Step1 is to work out why the vehicles act differently
UTC1150 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13241
- Tested since last week
- Blheli fixes
- Debug lines are a lot of flash space
- Needs to test the client-side of the motor test
- Set parameter, it runs the test, parameter gets reset
UTC1153 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13195
- Using a suspiciously large amount of flash
- All semaphores are now recursive
- 4 bytes
- About 10% more CPU vs non-recursive
- Now using ChibiOS semaphore implementation
UTC1157 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13065
- Don’t go back to DO_LAND_START if continuing would be shorter
- Edge-case central
- Will revert to current behaviour in the case that the normal path is complicated by conditionals and whatnot
- If you are on final it may choose to go straight ahead
- Tridge is worried about oscillation between different solutions
- Once failsafe is initiated calculation function is only run once
- Would have to have a second failsafe
- Distance-remaining in mission vs distance to do-land-start
- If-statement for lat,lon 0,0 incorrect
- [11:09 AM] (Channel) HWurzburg: why not just say if past do land start and no jumps have occurred, continue landing? all this complexity seems overkill
- [11:11 AM] To Weekly devcall: @Henry Matt did point out you might not have entered your DO_LAND_START but still be on final approach.
- [11:12 AM] To Weekly devcall: … which IMO could be a “Don’t do that, then” kind of thing.
- Jumps are handled, so relatively simple missions could benefit from this
UTC0019 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12432
- Wing sails for Rovers
- Would like some feedback from more users of wingsails, and htis PR will let people use it more easily
- RealFlight can’t simulate wingsails, sadly
- Randy will look at it
UTC0021 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13327
- Check return code!
UTC0022 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13299
- Check firmware size
- Check storage is retained
- Flight testing on Copter and Plane
- More comments!
UTC0036 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13292
- Now “Initialising ArduPilot”, not “Initialising APM:
UTC0038 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13277
- PX4Flow changes
- Checks all i2c buses rather than just the external
- No ID, just do you get a byte back
- Hex Cube has used internal bus as external bus
- Which is why this is required
- This fixes a regression
#ifdef for CubeXXXXX?
- Probing for i2c devices has destroyed machines
- E.g. thinkpad
- Randomly probing internal devices could kill boards
- Randy will add the pragmas
UTC0045 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13042
- Configure line in Waf?
- Multiple builds
- How does the IO firmware do it?
- Randy would prefer disable one EKF or the other rather than provide multiple EKFs
UTC0053 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13039
- Need to add a test for the frsky text message passthrough
- Message to gcs maintainers list
UTC0059 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12790
- Copter only?
- Can’t know if vehicle is in GCS failsafe.
- Should be done on all vehicles, but this works as is
- New GCS failsafes are wonderful, too!
UTC0106 - Plane update
- Plane 4.0 release
- 4.0.3 out
- Bounce-buffer allocation issue fixed
- Log full of copies of the first bit of the bootloader…
- Stale pointer used
- 4.0.4 should be resynchronisation release to get closer to Copter
UTC0108 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12547
- 4.0.1Rc3 is out now
- Fixes as for Plane
- Some support calls have come up this-morning
- Emlid CAN compass not found with Cube Orange
- More CAN initialisation issues
- Can be fixed with the boot-delay parameter
- RC failsafe and S.BUS issues
- Windows driver updates killed a whole bunch of joystick inputs
- Particularly in Windows
- Right-click-rollback-driver fixes it
- Autotune regression
UTC0107 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12509
- Not much to report on Rover
UTC0117 - Close