Cube orange randomly reset parameter to default

Hi, I have a hexacopter with cube black and kore carrier. the arducopter version is 4.0.4 and I lost the parameters twice already, there is anything I can do to fix it?

thanks,
Omri

Still happening to me too after updating to latest firmware and updating to latest bootloader. Unacceptable. I guess my only option is to ditch the OrangeCube altogether.

I Had the same problem in a lot of Cube Orange using with 4.0.5 fw. I upgraded the bootloader, now i will make some tests.

There is some work on this going on but there is no date for a release yet.

We had an orange do the same today. I pulled it and put in a black. Thanks to all who are working on it and good luck. Let us know when it’s fixed :slight_smile:

It should be fixed on arducopter 4.0.7-rc1 released over a week ago.

it appears my cube orange is permenantly bricked.

Months ago when I changed to Cube orange (black was apparently being discontinued) I had a cube that showed up and from the moment I plugged it in it refused to output a signal to the rear two motors (quad)

I elected it was a dud and changed for a second cube orange I had. This worked without issues. It flew loads of missions until the other day when it decided to just sit beeping in the field.

I found this thread and figured it had lost its settings. I pulled the cube and went back to black.

Now I figured I better see if I can get the orange working as it seems the devs are close to a cure.

However now the second orange does exactly as the first did out of the box. The rear two motors act like they dont have any esc signal. They just sit beeping.

I have redone boot loader, tried to calibrate esc 6 ways to sunday, and loaded different FW etc.

No luck.

Any chance that the issue in this thread is to blame for two cubes being unusable now?.

Any thoughts as to what else I should try? I do have another brand new orange here which I don’t feel like bricking if I can help it!!!

Thanks all.

Try switcing firmware vehicle type from copter ->plane -> copter or vice versa. That will clear any flash issues if that is what this is.

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that too :slight_smile: no luck same two rear motors beeping away

I could put another orange in there but I don’t want to brick a third one.

Black flew fine but got the yaw angle error others are reporting with latest fw and gcs

Hi all so is this officially released now? not beta?

Has anyone done some testing?

I have two bricked Orange cubes because of this and would love to not brick anymore.

4.0.7 is now the stable release, but I’m not sure that what you’ve described is the same thing that this thread is about. Can you provide some more information? Bricking a board is almost impossible, and as far as I’ve seen the param reset issue doesn’t result in that.

Is it something weird like the ESCs on those two non-working motors are strictly expecting a 5v signal instead of 3.3v ?? There used to be a jumper for 3.3 or 5v PWM output, and I think it’s even moved (or moving) to firmware control.

Yes, 4.0.7 is officially released. And has been tested yes. So far, no one has had parameter resets anymore.

Yes exactly, rear two motors only. If I switch back to cube black everything is fine.

This is the second cube this exact thing has happened to.

Great thanks we will begin our tests then.

Well it turns out that it was not the Cube at all. I swapped the orange cube for a black with known working parameters and the rear two motors are still beeping. Actually they do very strange things, they even start up randomly.

I swapped the Kore carrier board for a new one and it now works.

So that had happened to three of our Kore carrier boards now. And we had a crash a few weeks ago that I could not explain. I assumed it was a broken prop but if the Kore board had this issue in flight then it would have taken down the drone.

I guess I will send the boards into the vendor for inspection.

I was doing all at once esc calibration and I lose all parameters, again, I am really frustrated I have been using a pixhawk 1 with 3.5.7 since 2014 and never one problem.
Cube black (with some time critical service bulletin alert) It’s the second that I change.
Arducopter 4.0.7

Like explained in the 4.0.7 release post in this forum, can you send us the contents of the backup directory?

Is it possible find the file without take off the sd?

via MAVFTP it might work. But it is safer to remove the sdcard