CUAV V5 Nano / NEO V2 Pro GPS compass calibration not possible

Something must be going on. I have that exact combo on three drones and I can calibrate both compasses just fine. With the exception of one bad Neo V2 that I had

Have you tried wiping everything and reloading?

@smartdave Do you have the standard Neo GPS module or the Pro version? I have ordered yesterday evening the standard moduleā€¦ we will see.

CUAV engineers will have a look at the problem today. Iā€™m curious if the find something.

I have both the NEO GPS as well as the Pro version. The Pro version uses CAN

Did Lindy get back to you?

I am a CUAV engineer, please modify LOG_DISARMED to 1; then restart and wait for one minute; finally please send me the flash log stored in the sd card, my email hongle@cuav.net; thank you for your support and feedback. I will help you solve your problem.

Yes, I get help from CUAV :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Perfect, I will send you the flash log

I was just chatting with Lindy and I was about to ask, then I saw @a123456 responded. He will get you fixed up

Great, that makes me confident :slightly_smiling_face:

How are you making out?

I sent CUAV a log file. But they need more information. So they advise me to record a video from the mission planner status tab where the compass values are visible.

I have ordered in the meantime in Germany (Iā€™m from Switzerland) a NEO V2 module. If this module works right from the start it would prove that the V2 Pro GPS is faulty. We will seeā€¦

@smartdave Which firmware version do you use on the V5 Nano?

I can double check, but I have never touched it nor updated it

ok, thanks. CUAV suggest to update to the latest beta. In my opinion the V5 Nano with the NEO V2 Pro should also work with the ā€œnormalā€ actual firmware.

Anyway, I will put the V5 Nano out of the drone and update it. Then I can also place it on a wooden table and see how the compass values look like.

Itā€™s not unheard of to have a NEO Pro GPS to be bad. I had one that had an issues as well.

Are you able to unplug the GPS and perform a compass calibration with the just the internal compass?

Did you set the brd_boot_delay as I mentioned previously?

I took the V5 Nano out of the drone and update to 4.0.4. I was able to calicrate the internal compass on the table and after that also in the drone. But now I canā€™t calibrate the external compass. There must be something wrongā€¦

And the strangest part is, that the drone donā€™t want leave ground despite full throttle in Stabilzeā€¦ I flashing it back to 4.0.3ā€¦

and also strange is, that the NEO V2 Pro has a big variance in GPSHDOP. Never see this behaviour beforeā€¦

also visible on the map from the log:

No, I didnā€™t change brd_boot_delay. But I will do this after i flashing the firmware back to 4.0.3

brd_boot_delay set to 5000 didnā€™t help. Here a video from the latest try to calibrate the compass:

1 Like

The GPS is faulty. Have CUAV replace it, providing you bought it from them.

1 Like

Hi Dave

They told me to send the GPS back. I have purchased it from Foxtech FPV.

I finally replace the V2 Pro to the CUAV NEO V2. Compass calibration works at first try with the firmware 4.0.3.

Before that, I try again with the same routine the NEO V2 Pro. I didnā€™t work. I hope CUAV stand to they faulty products and replace it quickly (in best case without sending it back, it costs me a lot of moneyā€¦)

Michael

I can say when mine was bad, Lindy Immediately sent me out a new one. Granted I did buy directly from CUAV

1 Like

Without sending the gps back?

Iā€™m back from the field, the drone flies perfect. No compass errors, everything looks fine :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like