Copter-4.3.2-rc1 available for beta testing

I’m hoping this is the fix for a Oscillating issue i reported In Copter during Loiter some time back. Thanks!

1 Like

It could be, but I’ve seen it is more like a defined twitch and maybe some unsteadiness too… We could hear the motor noise is not quite right too
If it’s just the oscillation then it could be reduced or solved by cutting these to about half their default values, starting with reducing the PSC_VELXY_D first to see if that helps.
PSC_POSXY_P,0.5
PSC_VELXY_D,0.25
PSC_VELXY_I,0.5
PSC_VELXY_P,1.0

1 Like

Good to know. I got just the copter to test it’s a newer build… I will give the changes you posted a try. I also have VTOL_quicktune now that is helpful in simulations.

1 Like

Almost all good news:
After a few iterations with MagFit along with properly calibrating the battery/current sense values, I have things working quite well with this release candidate. My repeated inflight alignments and EKF warnings have subsided. The new TKOFF parameters work great, as mentioned to @Leonardthall in his thread on the subject. A single run through autotune seemed to improve upon the already useful preload settings from @rishabsingh3003 for this frame.

Something to fix?
I am getting repeated startup tones on the ESC (Hobbywing XRotor 4-in-1) prior to pushing the safety switch. After hitting the switch, the ESC behaves properly with no issues for flight. Not sure if that’s user error or an errant signal from ArduPilot during prearm checks.

@Yuri_Rage,

Re the ESC tones, you probably already know but before the safety switch is pushed no PWM signals are sent from the autopilot so many ESCs will beep. This is all normal but if the beeps are annoying maybe disable the safety switch (BRD_SAFETYENABLE = 0)?

1 Like

I’ve used a version of this ESC before without the annoying behavior. I’ll dig into its settings a bit and see if I missed something. Otherwise, I’ll either live with it or skip the safety switch as you say.