Copter-4.3.2-rc1 available for beta testing

@Axel1,

This release is very similar to one of the firmwares I provided in this discussion. It includes the fix so that Loiter doesn’t twitch due to main loop slowdowns. It does not include Leonard’s more complete enhancement that allows the controllers to more accurately handle main loop slowdowns.

I think we will discuss at tomorrow’s dev call when we should include Leonard’s more complete fix.

2 Likes

Hi @Yuri_Rage,

Thanks for testing!

I’m not aware of the “disabled channel” bug (I’m not tracking it on the 4.3. issues list). I guess @andyp1per knows about this one?

Thanks!

I’m waiting for parts for my test rig now but I should get them by the end of the week. I’ll test Leonards firmware as soon as I get into the air again!

If you guys come up with something you need to test regarding Leonards firmware on tje dec call, just write here and I can do the tests!

1 Like

@rmackay9,

The specific prearm message is “PreArm: SERVO14_FUNCTION=94 on disabled channel.” @iampete and I had a short Discord conversation about it today, since I thought it may be related to script development.

Relevant PR appears to be this one:
AP_Arming: allow scripting channels to be disabled by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22012 · ArduPilot/ardupilot (github.com)

1 Like

@Yuri_Rage,

Ah yes, that one. Ok, thanks very much for clearing that up.

Hi Why did you change to using 2nd IMU as primary ?

@norim,

My understanding is that some CubeOranges had some sort of hardware issue that caused the first IMU to reset quite often. My understanding is that the 1st and 2nd IMUs are both of the same quality so using the 2nd one is a better default choice.

I’m afraid I don’t have any information on how many CubeOranges are affected. I fly them all the time and I haven’t noticed any issues and I haven’t heard of any crashes because of this issue… but I’m really not the expert on this issue.

FYI @bugobliterator

1 Like

Flight Mode 5 is configured to SPORTS but even if the switch is positioned at Flight Mode 5, the current mode says STABILIZED. Please refer to screenshot. And YAPPU is also reporting STABILIZED as the flight mode.

20221213.param (19.5 KB)

I thought Sport Mode was removed. Not surprised it still shows up in Mission Planner.

Well its still there. But it cannot be used. Confusing cause its still in WIKI. I suggest it must also be taken out from WIKI.

Was there a replacement for Sports?

No. Nobody used it, removed to save space.

1 Like

Yup, I’ve already taken it out. Thanks.

I would like to test Throw flight mode in replacement for Sports. Any advice if this is safe and what preparations should be made?

@Carlou,

Thanks for the report. @dkemxr is right of course although we haven’t completely removed the flight mode but it requires using the custom build server to add it to the firmware. I’ve added a to-do item to the wiki to make this clear.

1 Like

I endeavoured building a custom firmware but never succeeded. Is it possible to say in the builder to copy the firmware of say KAKUTEH7V2 and then the user will just add what they want? This way, it’s safer rather than manually choosing everything. Just a suggestion if possible.

1 Like

There is a comprehensive Wiki entry for that, it’s not a 4.3.2-rc1 Beta Release question.

1 Like

I’m hoping this is the fix for a Oscillating issue i reported In Copter during Loiter some time back. Thanks!

1 Like

It could be, but I’ve seen it is more like a defined twitch and maybe some unsteadiness too… We could hear the motor noise is not quite right too
If it’s just the oscillation then it could be reduced or solved by cutting these to about half their default values, starting with reducing the PSC_VELXY_D first to see if that helps.
PSC_POSXY_P,0.5
PSC_VELXY_D,0.25
PSC_VELXY_I,0.5
PSC_VELXY_P,1.0

1 Like

Good to know. I got just the copter to test it’s a newer build… I will give the changes you posted a try. I also have VTOL_quicktune now that is helpful in simulations.

1 Like

Almost all good news:
After a few iterations with MagFit along with properly calibrating the battery/current sense values, I have things working quite well with this release candidate. My repeated inflight alignments and EKF warnings have subsided. The new TKOFF parameters work great, as mentioned to @Leonardthall in his thread on the subject. A single run through autotune seemed to improve upon the already useful preload settings from @rishabsingh3003 for this frame.

Something to fix?
I am getting repeated startup tones on the ESC (Hobbywing XRotor 4-in-1) prior to pushing the safety switch. After hitting the switch, the ESC behaves properly with no issues for flight. Not sure if that’s user error or an errant signal from ArduPilot during prearm checks.