Copter-4.3.0-beta1 released!

Hi @Quadzilla,

This means that if the FRAME_CLASS or FRAME_TYPE parameters are not set (e.g. left at 0) then it will not be possible to arm the vehicle even if the ARMING_CHECK parameter is set to 0. Instead of arming a message, “Motors: Check frame class and type” will be displayed.

The call to the motor’s library arming_checks() method is here.

Sounds good, Thanks make sense…

Anyone can explain the changes in the use of gps alt instead of baro and how does it work ?

Try to on esc telemtry But cant work
all setting change all protocol test not work
Changing fc uart pin not work
Change SERVO_BLH_ setting not work
There is some other setting that I don’t know

Testing betaflight it’s work

Will there be a problem in the firmware ?

If there is a problem in the firmware then you should check

Fc&esc : skystar h743 hd &km60 blheli_32 esc stack

Changing uart3 to uart4 for gps work ok
Trying esc telemtry uart2 and uart3 not work
@andyp1per @rmackay9

I suggest you wait until mine arrives and then I will be able to do a bdshot version which you will find much better

1 Like

hello, does this release have the option of changing altitude during mission or guided?

Hi! I tested the shiny new beta (works great!) on a wild 5" quad and really like the new “Arm / Emergency Stop” RC switch option (154), which restarts the motors if I accidentaly bump the switch.

But I noticed that it doesn’t enable airmode, contrary to the “Arm / Disarm” option (41) that I used before. Is it expected?

(Of course I can workaround it e.g. by configuring an unused channel as “Airmode” (84) or (for acro) by setting a bit in ACRO_OPTIONS.)

1 Like

We had some discussion about this. We thought it was better that airmode be on explicitly through an option rather than implicitly through some other function - but happy to hear why it would make more sense to do it as part of this.

I’d like to have airmode in both ACRO and STABILIZE and not much preference on how exactly.
ACRO_OPTIONS works for ACRO only and airmode aux switch uses an extra channel (the last one I have available). Maybe there is some other way?

If we keep the option as is, maybe it’s a good idea to have a warning somewhere, as this was unexpected for me and took quite some time to notice why I have a problem controlling my upside-down quad after this change. :wink:

We probably should have a PILOT_OPTIONS to mirror ACRO_OPTIONS

1 Like

Hi!
Is there any news on firmware update from microSD?
I remember it was mentioned at the last dev conference, but I didn’t hear anything new since then.
Can we expect it on some future release of this version?

@peterbarker has a branch up

1 Like

@MshUav,
I’m afraid that Copter-4.3.0 does not include the ability to change the altitude using the RC sticks during missions. Hopefully that will be included in 4.4 although I can’t promise that it will.

thank you hope it will.

Anyone can explain the changes in the use of gps alt instead of baro and how does it work ?

1 Like

Any reference what is ellipsoid altitude. What will be your tests.

Hi,

Read this regarding different altitude references: 1-Mean Sea Level, GPS, and the Geoid

In short- it is a mathematically well-defined and simple altitude reference, which can simplify some specific types of mission planning.

I tested that the ellipsoid altitude read in the ardupilot system was the same as multiple surveyor-registered GPS points with the ellipsoid altitude reference.

2 Likes