Copter-4.2.2 released!

Hi guys and girls, Just updated from 4.0.7 to 4.2.2 and i have a lot of changes in parameters that i need to set again. But that’s not a big deal. I have problem with camera gimbal option, before it was set to Servo and i used Servo9 function to control Tilt from Channel 6 on transmitter. Now that option is greyed and i cant controll my gimbal.

Just my guess, I never use it before.

Is it the type under 4.2.2 is pointed to none?

Yes and i cant change it. There is no option MNT under full parameters menu.

What Flight Controller?

Update Mission Planner,

Im on latest version, i will try to update to beta now and see if option show

I’ve quickly tested this in the simulator using 4.2.3-rc3 (beta) and it seems to work OK.

As @dkemxr says, it could be that the camera gimbal (aka “mount”) has been disabled on your flight controller so if you could tell us what flight controller you’re using that would be good. As far as I know the mount library should be available on all flight controllers.

I updated MP to latest beta version, still on 4.2.2 FW and no change, still grayed out. I temporary configured servo 9 to RCIN6 and do settings on Taranis so i can fly. Im using Pixhawk 2.4.8 with Tarot gimbal connected only signal wire to AUX on flight controller. That worked like a charm until i updated FW on flight controlled

Are you using the pixhawk1 firmware variant?
Or are you using the pixhawk1-1M firmware variant?

MP detect fmu2, when i try to manual install fmu1 i got error.

Pixhawk1 is the correct firmware for that Flight Controller. Download the .apj file from here and use the “load custom firmware” button in MP to flash it.
Pixhawk1

1 Like

Loaded custom firmware and now i got servo option for gimbal. After load i got EK2 and EK3 disabled. For now i enabled both but is that ok for this board or i just need to use one of them? Also after update i still got pre arm mot min-max set to 0. I read in 4.2.3 release that option is fixed but i gues for me is not working.

I forgot to say that after upgrade from 4.0.7 i got very crisp yaw, i tried to increase some expo on transmitter but still need more softness. Is there a any option that changed from 4.0.7 on yaw expo or other gain stuffs that i can change in params to get that solved ?

No. Disable EK2.

1 Like

Okay, thanks its working now good

1 Like