Copter-4.2.0-rc4 available for beta testing

@bjowitt @jtkacz there is a problem with the solution in that it does not work well for F745 boards, I have cooked up another bit slicing that seems to work ok for me. Please could you try it?

MatekH743: Dropbox - arducopter.apj - Simplify your life
MatekH743-bdshot: Dropbox - arducopter.apj - Simplify your life
Pixracer: Dropbox - arducopter.apj - Simplify your life

Hello.

So using Matek 405-se the option for Flow_type is not available. Unless I am doing something wrong there is no option to select the optical flow.

@andyp1per
Version for pixracer works very well. 19min flight with some sharp moves up/down and left/right. Wind has added extra pulses. No issues found.

1 Like

Flow could be feature limited out with that board as is the case with some 1Mb flash boards. You could try the Custom Firmware Builder and check Flow. Just for kicks I ran it and the firmware is sitting there if you want to try it. Or just build it yourself.
Go here and then select Go To Build Directory:
F405 Firmware builder

Hi @andyp1per

No joy I am afraid. Neither of the versions appeared to have a SERVO_DSHOT_OPT parameter, but I carried out the following tests:

MatekH743
SERVO_DSHOT_RATE set to 4:
MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 4
Esc music, long tone, short tone, double or triple beep, No motors spun on multiple arm attempts

SERVO_DSHOT_RATE set to 3:
MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 4
Esc music, long tone, short tone No motors spun on multiple arm attempts

MatekH743-bdshot
SERVO_DSHOT_RATE set to 4:
MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 4
Esc music, long tone, No motors spun on multiple arm attempts

SERVO_DSHOT_RATE set to 3:
MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 4
Esc music, long tone, double tone, No motors spun on multiple arm attempts

Sorry, I should have been clear - for the situation that was not working but was fixed by the new firmware with OPTS=8, does it still work with this change? I was not expecting this to fix dshot 150 but wanted to check if it broke anything

I’m trying to zero in on a change that works mostly for everyone and does not require configruation

Are you able to retest with MOT_PWM_TYPE = 5 and 6?

I’ll give it a go later on this morning…

Kind Regards,

Bill

Actually maybe hold off - my calculation about F745 is wrong and its actually worse on this build, so I think I am going to go back to our original “option 8”

Please can you verify this one:

You will need to set

SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=2

@andyp1per
With MOT_PWM_TYPE = 5 and 6? Any other settings?

MOT_PWM_TYPE = 4 and 7 would also be interesting but the results should be the same as “option 8”

SERVO_DSHOT_RATE set to 4
SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=2
MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 5
No motors spun on multiple arm attempts, just beeping tones

MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 6
No motors spun on multiple arm attempts, just beeping tones

MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 4
No motors spun on multiple arm attempts

MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 7

No joy…

That makes no sense, the firmware should have the same effect. When you say “beeping tones” do you mean the motors armed?

You rebooted after each change, yes?

…ok I can reproduce this - investigating

I get a variety of tones - it appeared that they armed, but no motors spun. I did not reboot after each arming attempt, because in the past the motors have spun on later arming attempts, or at least some of them. Each time I changed a parameter, the FC was rebooted as I have to use USB to link to Mission Planner.

Ok, please can you try this version: Dropbox - arducopter.apj - Simplify your life

SERVO_DSHOT_RATE set to 4
SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=2
MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 5
No motors spun on first attempt, all motors span on subsequent attempts
Rebooted, all motors span first time

MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 6
No motors spun on first attempt, all motors span on subsequent attempts
Rebooted, all motors span first time

MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 4

MOT_PWM_TYPE set to 7

Odd that it takes a reboot to work first time, but Dshot 300 and 600 ok

Ok thanks, this relates to the DMA setup - generally dshot changes require a reboot

So this is the solution I will go with. @jtkacz can you confirm this works for you as well?

@andyp1per
I will check. But could you specify what parameter options to check? What variances?

Set SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=2 and test as you have before