Copter-4.0.2 released!

The 1st 2 parameters listed in the Tuning Process Instructions are not set…

Okay, so pilot error then. Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Well, maybe it won’t make a big difference it depends on the size of your craft. The guidlines can make a big difference as a starting point for a small craft (say 4-6" props) or a big craft (say 16 and bigger" props). The garden variety 450 frame size can often fly on defaults well enough.

its 900mm carbonfiber dji900 hexa frame with stock 15" props.

Hi Mikko,
I looked at the one of the logs and couldn’t work out what’s going on with the battery voltage - it appears like it’s a tethered craft, even though it’s not, because the battery voltage never really drops. Also it’s reported as using 15000mAh. See if you can sort out what’s going on with your voltage measurements. It’s important for the battery voltage reporting to be correct to get the most out of the “motor mixer”, especially for larger craft from what I understand.
Once you’re sure voltage is reporting correctly, definitely do a Compass/Motor calibration via MissionPlanner - be aware it’s dangerous if not done properly.

Also looking at your parameters, I’d suggest starting over with these (based on the new tuning guide) for 15" props and 6 lipo cells:

ACRO_YAW_P,2.50
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX,75600
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX,75600
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX,22500
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILTD,15.00
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILTE,0.00
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILTT,15.00
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILTD,15.00
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILTE,0.00
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILTT,15.00
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILTD,0.00
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILTE,2.00
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILTT,15.00
ATC_THR_MIX_MAN,0.10
AUTOTUNE_AGGR,0.05
BATT_ARM_VOLT,22.10
BATT_CRT_VOLT,21.00
BATT_LOW_VOLT,21.60
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,20.00
INS_GYRO_FILTER,30.00
MOT_BAT_CURR_MAX,50.00
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX,25.20
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN,19.80
MOT_THST_EXPO,0.71
MOT_THST_HOVER,0.20

Some of yours may have been changed by Autotune, but I think some were a bit off to begin with too. I’d still suggest setting these as above and starting over.

I’d also set these, based on previous hover throttle, but may need further changes:
PSC_ACCZ_I,0.52
PSC_ACCZ_P,0.26

and after you do another Autotune with all these settings, put these back:
ATC_THR_MIX_MAN,0.50
AUTOTUNE_AGGR, 0.075 or 0.1

you can even copy those settings out of the post above and save into a text file with a “.param” extension and then use MissionPlanner to apply them - save fat fingers making mistakes :slight_smile:
I use notepad++ , but the ordinary windows notepad.exe is fine for that copy/paste/save-as

I’ve used my spreadsheet to set the initial parameters on this quad 450 (and others) and run Autotunes, apart from a crash due to motor failure, this quad is now working extremely well with a very short build -> fly time.

Crash, very old motor finally died:

Motors, ESCs and props replaced, Autotunes rerun and short demo of AltHold, maybe a bit of stabilize thrown in:

Demo of Loiter with some wind: