Copter-3.5-rc3 released for beta testing

@Cipta
Was this with both EKF2 and EKF3 enabled? I.e. you changed AHRS_EKF_TYPE but did not set EK3_ENABLE = 0 when testing EKF2 and vice versa?
I am asking because NLon is similar in both tests.

always just one ekf enable with imu mask 3
wanted compare ekf2 to ekf3
so I wonder why your AUAV-X2 having lower NLon with ekf2
do you use 2 compass? gps?

Yes, thatā€™s correct.

@Cipta
From my tests it seems that we have decreasing number of NLon like this:
EKF2 enabled + EKF3 enabled
EKF3 only
EKF2 only

But this is obviously not comparable to all systems.
On the ones I have tested I only have one GPS, no LIDAR etc. Just the basic system.
However, there is one difference between my EKF3 only test copter and the EKF2 only test: Oneshot 125. But I doubt this is the cause since enabling EKF2+3 without Oneshot gives a much higher NLon on the other copters.

Well this hasnā€™t happened in many moons (as in years).

First I installed 3.4.6 from previous version, but didnā€™t fly. Instead jumped to 3.5-rc3. Now it will not arm. The ESCā€™s donā€™t seem to be sounding off correctly and GPS isnā€™t locking (no green light). The radio is connected and working properly.

There is no safety switch, so I made sure that was disabled in pre-arm check.

Strange, and because I havenā€™t messed much with parameters for so long, the memory ainā€™t as good as it used to be so am at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

I had to redo may compass calibration when I went to 3.5.

Mike

Thanks, I should have known to do that.

I had to pick frame type. A few other parameters werenā€™t correct. Works fine now.

Iā€™m having trouble to activate Maxbotix I2C sonar in this version.
It dose not even initialized (there is no sound from the sensor).
Works on 3.4.6.
I saw that in this branch (3.5) the rangefinder code is changed and there is no primary, just orientation.
Maybe it something to do with it?

@galdalali Please open a new topic with what you have done (what parameters you have configured, etc.) and a log.

Something change in beta releases related to vibration levels compare with last stable release? IMU sampling can be affecting vibes? Thankā€™s

Hello, thereā€™s possible to test flight with EK3 only?

When disabling EK2 for only EK3, prearmcheck prevents sytematically to arm while all sensors are ok.

Just disabling EK3 and activating EK2 arming become possible.

All this happens as if the prearmcheck were connected only to EK2 status.

If EK2 is disabled the prearmchecks do not pass.