Connecting to Crius AIOP directly via Bluetooth

[quote=“arthur”]What do you mean by this?

To load the other screens just click on the spinner on the top left, next to the app icon. Having the drone connected or not shouldn’t matter.

I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the arm button, I’ll move that to the overflow menu so we have more safety. It did a takeoff because you didn’t had your radio with the throttle at a minimum, so it armed and powered the propellers. On newer versions of ArduCopter firmware this has been fixed, so it only allows a “arm” when your throttle is at a minimum (even if it’s the GCS that does the arming).[/quote]

I worked out that the spinner in the top left was missing when in portrait mode… sorry!

I took the props off and tried arming again without the transmitter and it didn’t do it, very odd.

I’ll play some more and do some testing…

Thanks again for all your help, I’ve just tried the donate app again and it seems to have worked.

I raised an issue about the problem you had with the arm/disarm button:
https://github.com/arthurbenemann/droidplanner/pull/316
It’s fixed, and I released v1.0.1 with it. You should get that soon on your phone.

We are working on a new U.I. that will solve the problems of the buttons mission on small screens like phones.

Arthur,

That’s an awesome response, just to be clear though, I wasn’t blaming you or Droidplanner, it was my own stupid fault for not taking the props off indoors and not being more careful what I pressed!

Not had much time to play as it’s now child’s bath and bedtime, will play more later.

Are there any plans to have a dedicated PID tuning page?

Many thanks,

Chris

It has happened to me before while doing a bench test, it an user fault but if we can help avoiding it why shouldn’t we.

About the PID: Yes there is, I just didn’t had the time to finish it. If you want to help take a look at the following branch:
github.com/arthurbenemann/droid … /issues/46

If you do the U.I. by adding the seek-bars with min/max/inc for each parameter you find it’s important, I’ll happily add the code to make they work.

My time division is about:
10% writing code
10% review other people code
10% cleaning my own mess
20% reading code
10% helping people, and organizing issues
40% thinking on how to improve things

[quote=“arthur”]It has happened to me before while doing a bench test, it an user fault but if we can help avoiding it why shouldn’t we.

About the PID: Yes there is, I just didn’t had the time to finish it. If you want to help take a look at the following branch:
github.com/arthurbenemann/droid … /issues/46

If you do the U.I. by adding the seek-bars with min/max/inc for each parameter you find it’s important, I’ll happily add the code to make they work.

My time division is about:
10% writing code
10% review other people code
10% cleaning my own mess
20% reading code
10% helping people, and organizing issues
40% thinking on how to improve things[/quote]

I would love to contribute but I’m afraid I wouldn’t know where to start, is there somewhere I could look this up?

First take a look on what we have done here:
https://github.com/arthurbenemann/droidplanner/issues/46

Then you can do a checkout of this branch:
https://github.com/arthurbenemann/droidplanner/tree/PID

Since you already have eclipse installed you have everything you need. Just find the following file in eclipse:
https://github.com/arthurbenemann/droidplanner/blob/PID/DroidPlanner/res/layout/pid.xml

What we need is basically to have the seekbars added, with the correct text. And properties like max value, increment and min value set.

I’ve had a quick look and got lost, I’ll try and find some time to get my head round it all.

Hi. I was wondering if I could get your help with the Crius AIO Pro v2 via the BT connection issue.

I have setup My Crius board using 2 BT and 2 telemetry board one BT and Telemetry on the Crius board and the other BT and telemetry on a Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet and all seems to work fine.
The Hud horizon moves as I move the quad also am able to arm and disarm the motors and change flight modes add waypoints, start and stop motors via the tablet.
However when I try to engage Fallow Me mode it want to drop out of the sky.

I’m using Tower DP 3. I read somewhere in the forum that you need to have a green light for good as oppose the red light for bad but I can’t seem to see it on the tablet.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong at this point any help is appreciated.

BT and Telemetry purchased from RCTimer .com