Cannot switch to loiter mode with optical flow

Yes same problem I faced.

There is a small thing you can do, power the px4flow from on board computer if you have it will work.

or connect the usb first and then connect the battery and remove the usb, then it will work. The problem is with booting. The same problem is there with PX4 flight stack, there is hack for that. I checked the same for arducopter I didn’t find any use full patches.

@superlazy

Hi,

I got that data when calibrating with hand. I tried following the same as per the documentation, the outcome was that.

I observed one thing, When I flashed the PX4 FLow with stable firmware from QGC 2.0 the flow data was really good. But with the suggest firmware from ardupilot doc is showing to much of noise in its flow data. If I use stable firmware I am getting 0 (zero) reading for FLOW_X and FLOW_Y in the logs, so I had to switch to ardupilot suggested firmware. Its is very noisy, and the drone not at all staying in the same place.

Suggest me some thing on this.

Interesting. Let me test it.

The quick hack works, thanks!

Update: Mine has flow value between ±0.2 when hover by hand. I will test loiter now.

I achieved position hold with this setup. With some pattern downneath it was able to hold position at 1 meter
real well. I am using Lidarlite v3, and the focal length is set at max, around 2 meters.

@JD-ETH

What is the minimim focus range I have to fix if want to fly it with in 1 m height ?

Please tell me the procedure you followed to do the calibration ?

Which fiware version you are using ?

You can tune the focal length by using QGC and turn the camera. But some newer version seems to be fixed and not tunable. I checked the video quality in QGC to be pretty nice at my desired height (around 1.5), then I tuned the YAW_ORIENTATION so that the axis align. And it works fine.

I use copter 3.5.2 rc1 i think, the current beta

Best of luck!

Really useful information!

Would be nice if the wiki was updated to match the current progress…please.