Can someone check my log

Noise…as in the filter is off somehow.
Ok I can roll back to the previous set of pids for pitch. They seem to work fine…but then best read about setting the notch.

Had a good couple flights today.
Successful Yaw tune at an aggression level of .5. Will need to turn it up a bit and do them all again.
But show seems to fly well.
However I did notice these error messages showing up

19:00:18 16 2 EKF CHECK: EKF CHECK BAD VARIANCE
19:00:18 17 1 EKFINAV FAILSAFE: OCCURED OR FAILED TO INITILIASE
19:00:22 17 0 EKFINAV FAILSAFE: ERROR RESOLVED/CLEARED
19:00:27 24 1 EKF PRIMARY: OCCURED OR FAILED TO INITILIASE
19:00:28 16 2 EKF CHECK: EKF CHECK BAD VARIANCE
19:00:28 17 1 EKFINAV FAILSAFE: OCCURED OR FAILED TO INITILIASE
19:00:31 24 0 EKF PRIMARY: ERROR RESOLVED/CLEARED
19:00:31 17 0 EKFINAV FAILSAFE: ERROR RESOLVED/CLEARED
19:00:38 24 1 EKF PRIMARY: OCCURED OR FAILED TO INITILIASE
19:00:38 16 2 EKF CHECK: EKF CHECK BAD VARIANCE
19:00:38 17 1 EKFINAV FAILSAFE: OCCURED OR FAILED TO INITILIASE
19:00:43 16 0 EKF CHECK: EKF CHECK VARIANCE CLEARED
19:00:43 17 0 EKFINAV FAILSAFE: ERROR RESOLVED/CLEARED
19:02:51 24 0 EKF PRIMARY: ERROR RESOLVED/CLEARED

They seem to happen at least once in every day out. Its not every flight…just once. I arm it tosses this error…eventually it clears after a few second or a minute and all good from that point on. I have read the documentation and understand why there is an error…but I don’t understand what causes it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Align M470L

Well got airborne again today.
Ran auto tune on all 3 axis.
I think I messed up on saving the roll pids…the tune stopped but I messed up and didn’t save them.
However the yaw took maybe a minute or two, pitch which seemed to work much better took 5 minutes.
It was windy which didn’t help.
Oddly when I went to change the Autotune axis. qGroundcontrol set the MOT_SPIN_ARM to .04…I didn’t ask it too but it did. Easy fix afterwards…but odd.

Align M470L

I had to change out my props to folding ones so now I have more vibration. Not sure how to solve balancing folding props. I needed to move to them for easy of transport. I put a nice scratch in my trucks finish with the fixed cf props. Luckily I got most of it to buff out…but the props are a pain and don’t want any more scratches…so folding…just not sure how to balance them yet…more reading.
Anyway if anyone gets a chance. See if you see anything else in the logs.
I think I just need to tweak my notch filter and redo the roll tune.
So maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

When autotune finishes twitching I dont change modes or do anything other then guide the craft back to landing and disarm. Wait a few secs for new params to save and you can switch to althold or loiter and give it a work-out. Works every time.
Sandpaper on the underside.

1 Like

Hey Shawn
Yes I have been doing the same. Today however when it finished a tune I forgot about that and changed modes and landed…doh.
Tomorrow is another day.

1 Like