Bi-directional dshot - testers wanted

Right :slight_smile:

I will try later or tomorrow and let you know, now I have to work :frowning:

Do I have to use same parameters for dynamic harmonic notch as if I had โ€œnormalโ€ ESC telemetry?

INS_HNTCH_MODE=3
INS_HNTCH_REF=1

Is it OK?

Yes

More words here and more

Donโ€™t know what I have to look, anyway I see the ESC RPM in the log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FsVJfrn1Luogfh8XAQ5fwVXB7vam-xT/view?usp=sharing

Cool. Does it fly ok? It looks like its working. You should reduce the TRATE to 10hz if you are using bi-dir.

It fly ok and SERVO_BLH_TRATE is 10 but I have FTN.DNFx all 0. Am i missing something?
Can you have a look at the log linked in the previous post?

Yeah that looks wrong. I am getting DnF set but I have FFT enabled as well. Let me see if I can reproduce this. Did you build the right target? It needs to be OmnibusNanoV6-bdshot

Yes, and I donโ€™t have FFT, I thought it was not necessary with ESC telemetry from dshot bidir.

I canโ€™t reproduce this. I built and did a hover with the branch only and got RPM values on FTN. Do you have INS_HNTCH_ENABLE = 1

Yes

INS_HNTCH_ATT,40.00000000
INS_HNTCH_BW,140.00000000
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,280.00000000
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS,3
INS_HNTCH_MODE,3
INS_HNTCH_OPTS,0
INS_HNTCH_REF,1.00000000

Can you try with INS_HNTCH_OPTS = 2?

FTN.DNFx all 0 also with INS_HNTCH_OPTS = 2, but now FTN.NDn is 4, previously with INS_HNTCH_OPTS = 0 it was 1.

Can you set SERVO_BLH_DEBUG to 0 and also try setting SERVO_BLH_MASK to 15 as well - something is wrong with your setup I think

Now DNFx are not 0 but always equal to INS_HNTCH_FREQ.
I see a little variation only when I hit (a little bit) with prop guard on the wall.

This is my SERVO_BLH_* params now

SERVO_BLH_AUTO,1
SERVO_BLH_BDMASK,15
SERVO_BLH_DEBUG,0
SERVO_BLH_MASK,15
SERVO_BLH_OTYPE,0
SERVO_BLH_POLES,14
SERVO_BLH_PORT,0
SERVO_BLH_REMASK,0
SERVO_BLH_TEST,0
SERVO_BLH_TMOUT,0
SERVO_BLH_TRATE,10

Your RPM values are 13k == 218Hz, so a INS_HNTCH_FREQ of 280 means you will never go above this. Are you poles set correctly? What motors do you have?

Also please set TRATE to 0 just to make sure your values are coming from the bd telemetry.

You can safely set INS_HNTCH_FREQ = 80, INS_HNTCH_BW = 40 with ESC telemetry

This was the solution, I wrongly set 280 for F and 140 for BW because were near the values calculated from FFT the last time i used it.

Now is OK, I think.

You can see another little hit to myself, I am doing test in a restricted space :slight_smile:

Cool.

Just be aware that these smaller motors often have 12 poles rather than 14 poles - if you set it wrong the RPM will be wrong

Thanks i will check.

Here the motors:
https://geprc.com/product/gep-gr1105-motor/

From the photos I see 12 magnet internally so 12 poles, at least it seems so.