// avoid an infinite recursion problem; switch_full_sectory calls
// write() which can call switch_full_sector. This has been seen in
// practice, and while it might be caused by corruption… corruption
// happens.

So you might need to reset you flash

1 Like

Flash Rover then Copter again?

Yes, exactly - you can also set the format version parameter to 0

Really strange: after reset flash now all combination of rate and pwm type gives me only 3 motors working.

Without bdshot all working.

Is this with the config above? I can try again to see if I can reproduce

Yes same config posted above.
parameter-MatekH743-bd-KBAT136-13-03-2021-EK2.param (21.6 KB)

I’m afraid I can no longer reproduce with your config - all works perfectly. Can you try 32.8? I am using that now - just in case.

Also the calibration step happens at power-up, if you power your ESCs after the FC they will miss it

I am using 32.8. Battery power ESC and from ESC go to the FC.

I just tried this on a different build - all worked perfectly :frowning:

I think my ESC has something wrong and is getting worse, even with an old release (from 3 Feb) that never gives me problems in bdshot now gives me only 3 motors working.

I have ordered a new one that is on the way to my home.

That is my suspicion - you definitely have found issues with your testing, now I am not so sure.

About what?
[more char]

I’m not so sure that the problems you are now seeing are down to software - I think you are right there is hardware at fault here.

1 Like

Hey, so I’ve just found a fix from betaflight that makes two of the motors work on the BeastH7 - can you see if this affects your results at all? It’s specific to the H7.

I am sorry, I tried to re-flash 32.8, one of the ESC gives error and now is definitely dead :frowning:

In the next week I should have the new ESC.

My fix makes dshot work but telemetry is busted :frowning:

I have backed it out - does not seem to help in any way that I can detect

Hi @andyp1per I mounted a new BLHeli_32 ESC on my 3 inch with Matek H743 mini, for now tested on master w/o bidir and is all OK. Which PR (which branch on your repo) would you like I test?

This one: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16787

Tested many, many times with SERVO_DSHOT_RATE = 0, 1, 2 and MOT_PWM_TYPE = 4, 5, 6, 7 and only one time with SERVO_DSHOT_RATE = 0 and MOT_PWM_TYPE = 5 (Dshot300) started with 3 motors, but I was not able to reproduce this negative result.

other relevant params:
SERVO_BLH_AUTO = 1
SERVO_BLH_BDMASK = 15
SERVO_BLH_TRATE = 100