Battery Sensor Current Reading Error

I continuity checked power pin 3 (current pin) and discovered the silicone wire was detached from the pin header (visually almost impossible to see) hence the only reported current was from the running gear. Thank you to anyone that had a look at my issue,

Regards.

1 Like

I’m having and issue with my setup. I’ve got a Mauch PL sensor board and 4-6s / 3x BEC. Sensor is on battery red wire in between battery and PDB. Then its connected to the BEC via the SEN input. The BEC is connected to PDB and Power 1 is going to Power 1, Power 2 going to Power 2 on Pixhawk 2.1. Blue light on BEC is on, calibrated in Mission Planner per instructions. Volts are correct but reading 0.0 Amps. When i disconnect battery and power Pixhawk via USB the amps start working again. What could be the problem?

My settings:
BATT_MONITOR = 4
BATT2_MONITOR = 4
BATT_VOLT_PIN = 2
BATT2_VOLT_PIN = 13
BATT_CURR_PIN = 3
BATT2_CURR_PIN = 14

MP 1.3.58
Arduplane V3.9.1

OK, figured it out, i had the sensor flow backwards so it wasn’t sensing the current. I rewired it so the current flowed from battery through Mauch sensor to PDB, works now.

FYI…there are arrows on the sensor showing which direction it should flow, i did not see it because of the casing it was in.

1 Like