Bad AHRS fault, is the pixhawk faulty?

Great to hear that you were able to find a solution!

thanks!

if the mag calibration stucks it means there is a disorientation. changing roll 180 or yaw 180 would probably solve it!

If i knew tho , i would never buy a cheap fake unit!. gps sucks

How does one know that the GPS module is faulty or fake?
When banggood sell it you expect that it at least works. The good news is I have found the problem and banggood have refunded me.
I want to thank everyone for their support and advise, it has been a great help.
Thank you

1 Like

connect it via serial usb to pc. use ublox software. there are detailed guides. if you see that it is not flashable. it is 100 percent fake

Hi again,

I received a new pixhawk 2.4.8 and the GPS module, and I am still having trouble calibrating them with mission planner.

I am getting Bad AHRS error and Error compass variance.

With the pixhawk and GPS arrows pointing North (real compass heading), mission planner is showing 22.5 degrees north north east.
The only way I have found to clear the error is to have the GPS arrow pointing 22.5 degrees north north west and the pixhawk arrow pointing north.

I am concerned there is something wrong. From all the reading I have done, both arrows should be aligned.
Is the GPS module faulty or is this what you have to do sometimes ??

hdop 0.9, 13 Sats

Hi.

Use the external compass only. Can you do a full compass calibration with success?

Try the roll 180 if fails or yaw180.

Itā€™s a random factor with Chinese fake modules.

Btw if your edges are white in your px4, some guy in YouTube claims that screws are magnetizing the IMU and compass.

I didnā€™t tested it yet. And if i unscrew them i donā€™t know how will i replace or demagnetize them.

Hi,
I re calibrated with external compass only (no.1). I had both pixhawk and GPS arrows pointing in the same north direction.
The result was, mission planner shows 15 degees east of North.
So I just turn the GPS module west untill itā€™s pointing north in mission planner.
Now it seems calibrated. When I point the pixhawk + GPS north, west, south, and east, mission planner shows its pointing in the correct direction.
I donā€™t know if this is the correct way to calibrate but it seems to be working. Any advise or comments would appreciate.

2 Likes

Faulty or not, my workaround was to disable all prearm params except the 3 gps/compass ones. When I wrote those to my Pix4 I was finally able to arm. But hereā€™s my question, is it safe for me to maiden my VTOL/q_enabled project that way? I have 3 months of build in it. Iā€™d like to stay in qloiter the whole flight. I just need to hover for 5-10 mins to pass my class.