Auwsume HexSoon EDU 450

No I did not find any at all very little about it but it went together very well not sure when I will maiden it weather here so bad but will keep you posted any questions just ask

The top plate has 4 holes that line up with the PDB, but there are no screws that fit those holes and M3 plastic standoffs are too big. I guess I’m gonna use 2 sided tape.

Yes I used double sided tape on mine but am thinking of changing layout againIMG_1450 ile take more photos of mine tonight

1 Like

I was intending to put the battery between the top/bottom plates. Looks lie that space is occupied by wires on your build. Is that the reason you want to change it? If you put the battery on the bottom there won’t be a space for Gimbal/camera.

1 Like

after ive test flowen it yes will change things around will get decent tune then change and retune

I have a little 3Dprinted mounting plate so you can bolt the cube on, I found the holes in the arm mounts give good places to attach the battery monitor, receiver and telem radio.

Note the holes are 4mm for m3 heat set insets

1 Like

Hi Pete,wow more ideas for me and thank you,couple questions how does it fly,what battery please and how long flight time

No idea yet, not flow it. Was planning on 4S 5000mah as a first try, but only because I have one already. I understand the motors and props are the equivalent to a 3DR Solo and that is a 4S 5200mah so it should be close to that.

1 Like

ive got a 4s 6250 li-on im going to use,please speak to the weather gods so I can test fly,ive got great vib’s about this machine

Hi Pete,got a friend to print your designs thank you quality design,weather still bad hear so no maiden yet damm,Just off to make ext batt lead.After maiden fit Lightware SF11c Hereflow and has RFD 868x on allready gps not tape down yet it looks squint

Explore neagron

Explore neagron

2 Likes

Hi Marty,

great, working on my own build but I’m not ready yet. Could you link the battery you use? It looks very interesting.

Regards,
Tobias

1 Like

Hi I will get back with a picture very shortly,it is a Li-On 4s 6250mah here is pic of batt

https://s62.photobucket.com/user/neagron/media/20200305_155400_zpsiejwadyi.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2 and the short male to female connector I made https://s62.photobucket.com/user/neagron/media/20200305_155544_zps8saynbz7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1 I am getting about 17 mins flying with this setup, The Battery was purchased from 3DXR in the UK https://www.3dxr.co.uk/ hope this helps I love my Hexsoon

1 Like

Thank you, unfortunately they do not offer them online anymore?!
I love mine too! I get about 20 min. with a lipo and 12% battery capacity left.

3 Likes

That looks awesome,what are the rods on the side of the arms please,and do you have a file for the canopy please,im in love with my 450 as well

Thank you!
The rods are the antennas of a Herlink (not the best place but I want to test it).

The canopy is adapted to a very special setup and combination of electronics and it is not well balanced yet. I think its not very useful currently. But I keep you updated.

1 Like

Thank you Tobias,yes ive got a here link that I will try on it but my set up is good at the moment maybe later if we can get them ile build A new one for the herelink not sure

I do not have a Cube inside but a mRo x2.1. Therefore it quite small. I will probably change the design to fit a cube on the mini carrier board. But bringing the weight into the center is quite tricky with all the different and quite heavy components.

1 Like

ive alter mine twice now and may redo it again but the eay it is it flies really nice and my Li-On 4s x 6240 battery pack sit dead center on the bottom

Hi! Where I can download that canopy and gimbal model? thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately it is still not ready, I did not work on it since the last message because we decided to use a different model this year and switch to the EDU450 frame next year.

2 Likes