Autotune activated by flightmode (SOLVED)

I have Compass1 in GPS external and Compass2 in Pixhawk internal. They are recently calibrated.
Its normal to have yaw reset once, this is set up by parameter EK3_MAG_CAL 3 :slight_smile:
Tnx Michal

Yes, you should delete them. Bad coefficients are worse than no coefficients.

Tnx concider it done :slight_smile:

What about that external compass yaw? Not sure but most of my compasses is yaw 45 selected butit depends how was chip orientated on pcb. Could be 0 too.

I dont think 45deg will help here, I have also experienced to use angled compass location settings on other builds. This one is inside my GPS, and its a sealed box. I have also checked my compass headings with a true magnetic compass and north is north. Hope to go without a Pixhawk Powermodule so there will not be current readings. Do you think I can gain something by adjust some parameters since we know approx the current 20A on hoover and 30 on max ?

Maybe get one of those

Or use some pixhawk power module instead.

1 Like

Hi Dave, How to set this to 0 ?just do it or
COMPASS_MOTCT, 2 0:Disabled 1:Use Throttle 2:Use Current Set motor interference compensation type to disabled, throttle or current. Do not change manually.

After I input the new parameters from magfit I get lot of : PreArm: Compasses inconsistent
Then if I turn of the internal, COMPASS_USE2, 0 then no PreArm messages as above
If I recalibrate, I still got the PreArm messages and magfit settings will be lost.
Is it ok just to use the external or do you have some other things to test / check?
Regards Espen

Typically you do want to disable the internal compass. I have on most craft that have one. And yes the Magfit data will be overwritten with a compass cal you will have to repeat it. But the same log you used before is OK so no big deal.

Well, I did go for only external and then added old magfit. Did testrun, felt fine. Have to study log. :slight_smile:
Log here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/106qARFJ6kJrZaK15IYsnTbfwx4hVdIOQ/view?usp=sharing
Parameters:
Tali Pixhawk1-1M AC V4.2.2 magfit compassmot adj fine 17.08.2022.param (15.4 KB)
I see that running magfit again on this log gives different results, is it worth to test the new values for mag(0) ?

That’s looking really good! I would say at this point fly the hell out of it :+1:

1 Like

Tnx a lot! I will proceed by testing various FlightModes :norway:

Tnx to Dave, Allister and Michal for helping me with this :pray: :people_hugging: :pray: