Autonomous Boat using Convolutional Neural Network for obstacle avoidance

I have pi3 cameras with cables i bought never use i can donate to you for your cause Javo

This is a grea project. I am currently also working on a autonomous boat for bathymetry. I am looking for obstacle detection currently. Main goal is to detect buyos and the sailing boast fixed teher. Are more technical details of your project available in the web? Would love to take this approach as well. Which camera are you using? Or would you recommend usage of other technology after all your experience?

Greetings, I made a paper with the details of the whole process, technical details and parts used in this link Paper. It is in Spanish, but you can use your browser to translate it. I had great results with this method using the “Raspberry Pi Camera Module 2”

Greetings, the calculation of distance can be made using the thin lens equation, there is a paper talking about it with the formulas I used Paper. However you have to be mindful that the formula only works in obstacles that are just in front of the camera and that you have to know the focal distance of the lens of the camera.

Thanks a lot!
You did a really great work!
We’ll try to add this type of collission avoidance to our lake mapping boat … which we found challenging enough. I translated your work with google translate today and add the translated document so that it is availalble in english translation as well for anybody interested.
I really hope we manage to get this implemented as well … it is a lot of work … in detail …
I cannot guarantee how long the link will be available.
Best regards
Manfred

Araya_Regular_Javier_Andres_English.pdf

If we want to use your approach we have to connect the Raspberry PI to Telem2.
Unfortunately we have 433MHz Telemetry on Telem1
and
our Echo Sounder Lowrance HST-WSBL 83/200 kHz Transom Mount Transducer

• Digitizer: Actisense DST-2 200kHz digitizer on Telem2

Thus we do not have a Telem Port left.
Any Idea how to solve that?
Best regards
Manfred

Use an AP_Periph — Dev documentation to convert a CAN port into a serial port

shoreline-detection could be done with a combination of a depth-sensor and distance-sensor (just an idea)