Arduplane v3.7.1? If EKF_ENABLE = 1, EK2_ENABLE = 0, and AHRS_EKF_TYPE = 2, whats running inside?

@pompecukor OK, thanks! I will have a try at the value 2014. As @OXINARF said this is no EKF running anymore, whether AHRS_EKF_TYPE = 0 or AHRS_EKF_TYPE = 2 , we will have the same plane behavior.

so are you still on 3.7.1 or 3.8 beta?

I will still use 3.7.1 for a while, and test 3.8 beta next. Hope 3.8 stable will be released soon. With 3.8 beta I found that plane didnot use rangefinder during landing, and have not solved it.

how did you know that is was not using lidar for the landing?
I used 3.8beta 2 weeks ago and I landed with lidar fine. I did not check anything, just know that the landing was precise.
I have sent to customer, so only have t-log now. Can I check for you anything in that, to confirm the lidar assisted landing?
BTW, do you not do mapping with pixhawk. Did you see my post about the log and geotagging. Do you have any ideas for that?
Thank you.

See pic below, in 3.7.1 there is a msg that rangefinder is engaged, but not in 3.8. And landing accuracy is not stable, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

@pompecukor How do your plane land? With a parachute? My plane lands with a hard touchdown.

Depends on what the customer orders :slight_smile:
Anyway this one can do both. Parachute for tight area and auto-landing for normal.
How did you get that message to display. Learn something new everyday with mission planner

As I said it is working for me. 3.8 beta 5

@pompecukor
Oh yes it was working for your plane! Good plane for you!
Could you share your parameters about rangefinder? Or all parameter for the best:wink:! When you review a log file in Mission Planner, you could filter with keyword MSG to get the msg list.

ok, lets switch over to email

OK,thanks! …

Which rangefinder do you have pompecukor ? Is it accurate ?

So, this solution does not seems to help us. We have tried without luck, we can’t keep getting AHRS health error unless we set the EKF params back to what they were before. And it is weird that now two Pixahwks are having this problem. Guru, I’m waiting to hear from you. What could be the issues? Only a couple of months ago we did not have this issue. Thanks in advance.
ID

@IronDOme
I dont think AHRS problem is caused by changing EKF parameters, you can post some pictures of your issues, or logs, to share the detail. I have several Pixhawks working well here and planes flying well too.

Thanks for your response.
I will get the logs and post them here, they are in another PC that I not have access now. But I thought the AHRS was related to changes because when I changed back to original settings, the error went away, and that is not once but several times that I tried.

EKF_ENABLE = 1, EK2_ENABLE = 0, AHRS_EKF_TYPE = 2, are you the same?

Thanks again. yes I put exactly that. In fact I found the that AHRS_EKF_TYPE = 2 was already set that way, so I only changed EKF_ENABLE to 1 and EK2_ENABLE to 0 and wrote. There was no joy!

You are using arduplane firmware, right? You can try to re-calibrate the accelerometer sensors. Or post more information here.

Yes, arduplane. Thanks for the advise, will try that. The only info available to post will be the log. Only that, it is weird two Pixhawks back to back behaving exactly the same way.

Yes understand! But here I get several pixhawks working well too. So, maybe there are some other parameters you are different from mine.