Ardupilot per barca con due motori e nessun timone

Ciao a tutti, sono nuovo con ardupilot e vorrei utilizzarlo per una barca per la pesca dotata di due motori e nessun timone. Vorrei sapere da voi gentilmente come impostare ardupilot affinchè i motori facciano anche da timone. Grazie in anticipo. La barca sarà ovviamente dotata di gps.

Hi, i’m a nes member and beginner to use ardupilot. I need to to install ardupilot on a boat with only two motors and not rudder. How i must to set ardupilot to use two motors as rudder? Thank you. The boat is equipped with gps.

Ciao Daniele e benvenuto, dovresti provare a postare in inglese, ci sono molti utenti anglofoni ed otterrai sicuramente più risposte!

Quello che cerchi si chiama “differential thrust” prova a leggere qui

e già, sicuro, il fatto che proprio per capirci di più ho preferito scrivere in italiano, non che non lo capisca l’inglese ma rispetto all’italiano sicuro potrei confondermi un po. Comunque, devo sostituire il post o riscriverlo sotto?

edita il post ed aggiungi sotto la traduzione :+1:

1 Like

Set the SERVO_FUNCTION for the left motor to 73 and the right motor to 74. Or port and starboard in boat terms

thank you for the answer but i don’t find this parameter inside my mission planner. Excuse me but this a new world for me. I have an ardupilot with ardurover v2.51 beta installed. I bought this but the mission planner software tells me that it has been retired. So i spent my money and i hope these are not lost.

2.51 is very old and different. You would be better off getting a more modern controller.

please, tell me what i should buy

i use a pixracer, very compact! But there are many alternatives:
http://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/common-autopilots.html

hi, please can you say me a valid alternative to control a boat with a double motor and no rudder? how can i buy not expansive cause i have yet buy and threw 2 autopilot (one fc and one apm)?

you can use also your APM, but it will run on older ardupilot code. What other fc do you have?

Ciao Nicola, scusa faccio prima a scrivere in italiano(poi con calma traduco in inglese), la ardupilot che ho non mi fa fare alcuni settaggi tipo servon_fuction 73 (non ci sono parametri con questo nome). Oltretutto quando vado a connettermi tramite cli mi genera tutti caratteri strani, ultimamente non mi dava piu neanche voci nei menu a tendina tipo la scelta dei modi di volo. Ho abbastanza timore che sia andata.

non sono esperto, ma forse quel tipo di veicolo non è supportato sulla tua apm perciò non ha quei parametri. Di che apm si tratta esattamente?

É un ardupilot apm 2.8 con firmware rover, e qualsiasi versione inserisca non escono quei parametri.

You said you have an APM and another FC. What is this other FC?

Yes, I have an Inav f3

OK, that won’t run Ardurover. Some good choices would be
Kakute F7 (AIO or Mini).
PixRacer as was suggested. I have a Pixracer in a Rover.
Pixhawk 2.4.8.

I have all of these in various vehicles and I really like the Kakute F7 because it integrates a lot of functionality. It takes direct battery power, has voltage and current sensing and on-board OSD.

Ok, thank you for your answer.
So kakute can be inserted and used for a rover or a boat? And how can i set it for waypoint? Ever with mission planner?
I’m instered to pixhawk too and is interesting pixracer

Yes. All of these Flight controllers can be used on a boat with Ardurover firmware:
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Rover/latest/

Yes, you can use Mission planner to configure an Auto Mission.

Ok, thank you very much.
I would buy a kakute f7. What do i buy as gps?