Arducam OSD options - no rangefinder option?

Sorry - here’s a link

https://www.3dxr.co.uk/product/holybro-micro-osd-v2/

ok, thanks. if your FTDI works with arducam OSD, but not with MWOSD, i’d assume it’s not a faulty item. it might be i picked a wrong hardware define in the firmware file i supplied, maybe check if your OSD works on current standard MWOSD type firmware? from what i see your hardware type should be minimosd or micro minim osd, the latter supporting additional onboard ADCs for non-FC batt and RSSI monitoring. general 328p and max7456 adressing should work on both subtypes however.

No - doesn’t work on standard MWOSD firmware. Arduino IDE can’t talk to it either yet Ardupilot OSD can. I’ve tried minimosd, micro minimosd and a couple of the other choices.

There are two LED’s on the OSD. A green power led and a red comms led. When it’s connected the red led is flickering as it communicates. As soon as I select Flash - it goes out, It shouldn’t. It should flicker brightly as it’s being written to. I’ve tried from my surface pro as well as desktop PC and behaviour is same. The leds on the FTDI adapter flicker when sending flash firmware but not the OSD.

It looks like it’s simply not MWOSD compatible :frowning:

I’ve emailed holybro support to see if they can explain why it wont work, but I remember from years ago that some devices need to be in boot mode to change firmware, or have to be booting up as the flash is started. There are some pads on the reverse of the pcb that maybe can do that, but the documentation doesn’t mention them.