3.5 rc3 appears to be breaking FlightDeck / Craft & Theory on Pixhawk 2/Cube

@Charlie_R I can’t locate your email. Please resend and/or provide a link to download the .param file.

Got it. Thanks! I’ll let you know what I find out…

@Charlie_R I haven’t tested with rc3 or rc4, but your param file works fine on my Pixhawk 1 (armed or not) with rc5… Let me know if rc5 works on your end…

@floaledm - Just tested on rc5, confirm Flight Deck seems to be working without issues now. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently started to use FlightDeck and noticed the same thing. The FlightDeck telemetry sensors (VFAS, Alt, USpd and GPS) are not updating causing the dashboard to freeze. It only occurs when the motors are armed and when I disarm them I get the audio message “sensor loss”. If I enable logging when disarmed by setting LOG_DISARMED to 1 they don’t update when disarmed either which proves the logging is causing the issue. The LOG_BITMASK is set to the default of 830. My Taranis is a X9D. My Pixhawk is version 1 (3DR clone) and its running Arducopter 3.5.5. The version of FlightDesk is 3.3.3. I can make it work by setting the LOG_BITMASK to 0 effectively disabling all logging but that’s not very good if I need to troubleshoot another problem. The SD card in the Pixhawk is the original so I will try installing a faster one to see if that makes any difference.

After replacing the SD Card with a newly formatted kingston 16GB class 4 SD card mission planner started to report a pre-arm error of “logging failed” and “No IO thread heart beat”. Also the Flight Deck sensors were not updating at all. To eliminate these errors I had to set the LOG_BITMASK to 655358 and restart the Pixhawk. I then set the LOG_BITMASK to 830 (default) and now the sensors are updating all the time. I did noticed they stop for a short period when the Pixhawk beeps indicating that there is a GPS lock and when they resume updating the Taranis reports a “sensor loss” but I can live with that.