GPS help for Pixhawk 2.1

I am building a very customized rover unit using a pixhawk 2.1 and have a number of GPS options available to me but am not sure which one would be best or if there is an option around $100+ that would be better. Would love some expert opinions on this…

• Sparkfun LS20031 - I have gotten good general results out of these int he past, good signal but hard to verify accuracy
  • Piksi 2 i either individual or RTK (I have the full kit) - this has been difficult to configure and the signal is sometimes iffy but the accuracy is amazing
  • Basic Pixhawk M8N from someplace like Spektreworks
  • other?

I would love some feedback on what might be the best road to travel down. What would you use?

Avoid the Sparkfun one, it’s based on a MTK chipset, which is a really poorly regarded GPS option.

The Piksi 2 driver is fully supported in the latest ArduPilot beta firmwares, I’m not sure about Rover however @gmorph do you know if the SBP2 driver is any any rover release or beta?

M8N is the standard/default GPS choice at this point for use with ArduPilot (or pretty much any small autopilot). The advantage to the Here (the M8N version that SpektreWorks sells) is that it includes the status LEDs for PH2.

Your other option for low price RTK would be a Here+ which is based around a UBlox M8P and can do L1 RTK for you. This support has been in ArduPilot for awhile and I believe is in a Rover release. @gmorph can you confirm this? (You can buy this from Spektreworks as well)

1 Like

Thank you so much for this response. Right now I am attempting to use the Marvelmind system but it doesn’t seem to integrate well. If @gmorph can answer those questions it would be a godsend.

Thanks!

Have you tested ArduCopter master with https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/7160 and marvelmind FW 5.77 ?